MacOberon people: how exploit vector processing of G4 (3x Pentium III/600)
Author Message
 MacOberon people: how exploit vector processing of G4 (3x Pentium III/600)

A good source of ideas might be Robert Griesemer's dissertation for
ETH, "A Programming Language for Vector Computers".  From the
abstract:

"This thesis introduces and elaborates on specific language
constructs that allow a simple programming of vector computers
and help to gain a better understanding for these programs.
Thereby the emphasis lies on the support of explicitly
vectorizable statements as well as on a concept for parameter
passing adapted to the needs of numerical applications."

You can find it at http://www.*-*-*.com/
near the bottom of the page.
--
Seven and yes.

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MacOberon people: how exploit vector processing of G4 (3x Pentium III/600)

Quote:

> This is true, and the Dissertation is interesting.

> However, the needed language change may be beyond the realistic.

> A library solution, preferably compatible with all the systems and
> compilers, may be more straightforward.

Well since there's an ongoing thread about language extensions
anyway.... :-)

I agree that a library solution would probably be preferable.
Still having a compiler that could use constructs specified
in that paper, but building an interface to such modules that
was compatible with other systems might be a nice way to
rapidly prototype libraries for such a computer.  Plus it
would be interesting to write "numerical server" routines
on one machine and call them from another (perhaps less
capable) one.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MacOberon people: how exploit vector processing of G4 (3x Pentium III/600)

2. Performance of Personal PL/I on a Thinkpad 600 (300MHz Pentium II)

3. Performance of Personal PL/I on a Thinkpad 600 (300MHz Pentium II)

4. FORTRAN on dual CPU Pentium II or Pentium III

5. Clarion DOS 3.1 and Pentium III, W98

6. Pentium III Chips Released with IDs - Intel won't budge

7. Pentium III chips released - Germans already have crack for ID feature

8. Pentium III Chips Released with IDs - Intel won't budge

9. Pentium III chips released - Germans already have crack for ID feature

10. Pentium III Chips Released with IDs - Intel won't budge

11. Germans Find Pentium III Flaw - Your privacy - Expires 2/28/99

12. DOS (Clarion) Programs won't run on Pentium II or III