KDE and food for thought
Author Message
 KDE and food for thought

Hi:

  I am indebted to Robert Lichtenberger for encouraging me to install
KDE on my Linux box. KDE demonstrates that something resembling System-3,
at least by how it looks to a {*filter*} eye, has been developed in C++ and
is now available. While browsing through the KDE help I found an interesting
paper(*) on the "bazaar" style of development, and on when the wrong
thing is the right thing. Some of you may know these papers, but I did not.
I enjoyed the phrase "Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses".
More seriously, though, there are some IMHO serious thoughts there
summarizing what appears to be a success in software development, namely
Linux, and Linus Torvalds tactics leading to this success. It may not be
a bad idea to have a look. At least I think I learned something.

The URL is WWW.KDE.ORG/FOOD/FOOD.HTML

Cheers,

Wojtek

(*) Should we still call an HTML paper a "paper"?

--

Nuclear Structure Research Lab, Univ. of Rochester
271 East River Rd, Rochester, NY 14627.

Thu, 18 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 KDE and food for thought

Quote:

[snip snap]

better try: http://WWW.KDE.ORG/food/food.html
--
    Bernhard Treutwein    Tel. +49-89-5996-642, Fax -615
    Institut fuer Medizinische Psychologie, LMU-Muenchen.

    --------------------------------
    C is its own virus

Fri, 19 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 KDE and food for thought