Oberon ISO-Standard?
Author Message
 Oberon ISO-Standard?

Quote:

>Are there further plans to standardize the language Oberon(-2) ?
>Since the Oakwood meeting is more than two years ago, I wonder
>whether a second meeting is planned.

I have not heard of any further plans to have meetings for the Oberon standard --
considering the problems in getting a concensus at the last meeting, I would be
surprised if all the hardliners would be interested in attending another meeting.
(Considering the amount of work which goes into planning a meeting of that
nature, I'm not sure if anyone wants to spend that amount of time again.).

What exactly about the language would you like to standardize? Isn't it sufficient to
simply follow the ETH language definition?  It's been clarified over the years to
remove or more concretely specify many of the known problems (although at least
one remains: WITH) in the language.

However, if all the other Oberon enthusiasts want to set up a meeting, I'd be more
than willing to have that as an excuse to travel (and drink beers of the world --
that's DRINK BEERS, not EAT BEETS!  Please do not confuse the two!).

Taylor Hutt, have meeting will travel
Why do weathermen tell the temperature at the airport? No one lives there!

Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon ISO-Standard?
Are there further plans to standardize the language Oberon(-2) ?
Since the Oakwood meeting is more than two years ago, I wonder
whether a second meeting is planned.

Ralf.
--

Department of Computer Science
Technical University Berlin

Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. branching in proposed ISO standard

2. ISO Standards Documents

3. ISO International Standard IS8485

4. ISO Standard for Headless Images?

5. ISO Standard Forth

6. ISO Standard for Software Revisions

7. ISO Standard Approved

8. ISO standard for EBNF

9. Static scoping in BCPL (was Re: Are nested functions legal in ANSI/ISO Standard C)

10. Cost of ISO Standard Documents

11. An ISO Standard Question

12. ISO modula-2 standard TeX source: missing fonts