Oberon/F file bug
Author Message
 Oberon/F file bug

Quote:

>Hi all,
>Here is an Oberon/F problem that has me stumped.  The following
>code compiles fine and even executes fine the _first_ time
>locating the file in the proper place.  (It is a file of
>integers that is input into an array of integers.)

..
cutted
..

Quote:
> I have tried
>closing the file (which should not be necessary) to no avail.
>If I unload the module and execute the code it again works
>the first time but not thereafter.  Does anybody see the
>problem?  Thanks in advance.

If you don't close the file, the file is opened so long still
OBERON/F is closed. You can checke it with Menu-Item
Info.Ressources.

Reinhard Dietrich

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon/F file bug

Quote:

> >Hi all,
> >Here is an Oberon/F problem that has me stumped.  The following
> >code compiles fine and even executes fine the _first_ time
> >locating the file in the proper place.  (It is a file of
> >integers that is input into an array of integers.)
>  ..
> cutted
>  ..
> > I have tried
> >closing the file (which should not be necessary) to no avail.
> >If I unload the module and execute the code it again works
> >the first time but not thereafter.  Does anybody see the
> >problem?  Thanks in advance.

> If you don't close the file, the file is opened so long still
> OBERON/F is closed. You can checke it with Menu-Item
> Info.Ressources.

But since I opened the file with the statement

osF := Files.dir.Old (osS, "OpSystemROM", Files.shared);

and the third parameter is Files.shared, the file should not
need to be closed to be used again.  At any rate, even if
I close the file the problem remains:  the code works
correctly the first time it is executed, but not thereafter.

Stan Warford
Pepperdine University

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Minor bug with FS in gawk 3.0.x

2. Checking FS (File system)

3. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, C4 BUGS

4. Bug in Texts.Mod (Oberon System)

5. HP500 Problem - Bug in PC Native Oberon 2.2 ?

6. Oberon V4 Linux Linz Bug List

7. Oberon/F: Bug in ObxAscii

8. Bug in NetSystem [Oberon System 3 for Windows]

9. HELP Oberon for windows bug!

10. Bug fix in Pictures for Linux-Oberon

11. Bug in Oberon 4 Windows

12. Oberon Compiler Bug?