Pascal Compiler Written in Oberon
Author Message
 Pascal Compiler Written in Oberon

Hi

I'm a first year student at Stellenbosch University and I have started
Computer Science this semester. I'm currently attempting to write source
code for compiler that will compile Pascal but i'm having lots of
problems. If anyone has suggestions, advice or code the would like to

appreciated , I having lots of problems with integrating the scanner and
the parser.

Thanks

Erno Newman

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Pascal Compiler Written in Oberon

Quote:

> Hi

> I'm a first year student at Stellenbosch University and I have started
> Computer Science this semester. I'm currently attempting to write source
> code for compiler that will compile pascal but i'm having lots of
> problems. If anyone has suggestions, advice or code the would like to

> appreciated , I having lots of problems with integrating the scanner and
> the parser.

Unless you are doing this as an exercise in lexical analysis, it is
really not necessary to write the parser or scanner yourself. Consider
using a tool that generates a compiler from an attributed grammar.

If you're working with Blackbox/Component Pascal, you may be able to use
my port of Coco/R:
  http://espc22.murdoch.edu.au/~stewart/blackbox/index.html
Bernhard Treutwein has a port of Depot/4 amongst his utilities at:
  http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~bernhard/MoreBBUtil.html

Coco/R is also available for a number of other Oberon environments (eg.
V4, OOC).

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
- Stewart

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANN: Pascal Modula-2 Oberon-2 compilers for Java

2. ANN: Pascal Modula-2 Oberon-2 compilers for Java

3. Write a pascal compiler

4. Other languages compilers written in Oberon

5. Announce: Oberon 960, an Oberon-2 compiler generating 80960 code

6. Very portable Oberon compiler (Oberon and ANDF)

7. P-Code, Pascal, Modula to Oberon translation

8. 100+ links about Oberon-2 / Component Pascal

9. want to buy programming oberon: steps beyond modula and pascal

10. Oberon-2 & Component Pascal

11. ANN : New version of Oberon Expert system (Component Pascal)

12. Pascal to Oberon