Oberon to JVM
Author Message
 Oberon to JVM

Quote:
> I would like to know if there has been any work done to compile Oberon
> into Java byte code.  Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Nice to see that Claris/Apple people take an interest in Oberon.
Please point your browser to:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Much more interesting from a technical point might be the inverse
approach as set out in:
    Thomas Kistler and Michael Franz; A Tree-Based Alternative to Java
    Byte-Codes; In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Security
    and Efficiency Aspects of Java '97; January 1997. Also published as
    Technical Report No. 96-58, Department of Information and Computer
    Science, University of California, Irvine; December 1996.
        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~kistler/ics-tr-96-58.ps
    or   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~kistler/ics-tr-96-58.pdf

Have fun!

Luc
--
Syndetics Research     | Synema(tm) Director (c) 1992-1997. Thesaurus
Herderstraat 1         | construction software for the Information

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon to JVM

It is rumored that the Mill Hill & Canterbury Corporation
is working on something like that. See:
        http://www.webcom.com/mhc/welcome.html
--
    Bernhard Treutwein             Tel. +49-89-5996-642, Fax -615
    Institut f. Med. Psychologie  Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet

    --------------------------------  ---------------------------
    C is its own virus

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Canterbury Oberon-2 for JVM beta-release

2. Canterbury Oberon-2 for JVM final release

3. Port Oberon to Java/JVM

4. Oberon-2 for JVM?

5. Frage Oberon 3 / Question Oberon 3

6. CD-Oberon - Oberon/F

7. CD-Oberon Oberon 3 Printer Problem

8. Oberon System 3 / Native Oberon projects

9. inquiry about Visual Oberon/PC Native Oberon System 3

10. Native Oberon: Getting DOS based installation out of Oberon-0

11. Oberon-2 in Native Oberon System 3

12. modula2-to-Oberon, C++-to-Oberon