Oberon Companion Book
Author Message
 Oberon Companion Book

Has anyone found a US distributed for the new
"The Oberon Companion" book?

Steve

This article was posted from <A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;>Slurp Net</A>.

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Companion Book

Quote:

> Has anyone found a US distributed for the new
> "The Oberon Companion" book?

> Steve

Even before Douglas G. Danforth sent (thanks to you):

Quote:
>   Have you attempted to have Amazon books handle the sale of your book?

we (me discussing with the publisher) have attempted to appear on their list, with the following result:

- Amazon lists only books published in the US or distributed by a US company.
- vdf has no distributor in the US.

Hence, dead-end.

Thanks to Wojtek for suggesting http://www.bookpool.com, which I didn't know of.

vdf is in discussion with Barnes and Noble.
I have asked vdf to suggest and to implement a good solution for our collagues
outside Switzerland and Europe! ;-)

Yesterday, by a happy coincidence Manfred Schneider posted his information on the
   Cetus Links -- 7000+ links on Object-Orientation
from where I obtained a long list of online bookstores (wwwiz.com/books/)
which will be exploited to bring the book to the surface and to make it accessible.

I hope that with the help of vdf I shall be less evasive in a next posting
reporting on the outcome of their efforts.

Andre Fischer

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Companion Book

Quote:

> Yesterday, by a happy coincidence Manfred Schneider posted his information on the
>    Cetus Links -- 7000+ links on Object-Orientation
> from where I obtained a long list of online bookstores

       (wwwiz.com/books/)

That looks like a typo error.  Can you confirm what the url should be?

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Companion Book

: > Yesterday, by a happy coincidence Manfred Schneider posted his information on the
: >    Cetus Links -- 7000+ links on Object-Orientation
: > from where I obtained a long list of online bookstores
:        (wwwiz.com/books/)

: That looks like a typo error.  Can you confirm what the url should be?

The main site is http://www.cetus-links.org/

Graham

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Companion Book

Quote:

> : > Yesterday, by a happy coincidence Manfred Schneider posted his information on the
> : >    Cetus Links -- 7000+ links on Object-Orientation
> : > from where I obtained a long list of online bookstores
> :        (wwwiz.com/books/)

> : That looks like a typo error.  Can you confirm what the url should be?

> The main site is http://www.cetus-links.org/

> Graham

You are right Graham, http://www.cetus-links.org/
was referenced as main site by Manfred Schneider in his posted note
entitled "Cetus Links -- 7000+ links on Object-Orientation"

I am using this list to find a US distributor for our "Oberon Companion" book.

The URL of that list is indeed "wwwiz.com/books"
obtained by linking to "General Info" first and then by scrolling to the end of
the "Books" section and linking finally to "Waldman's Definitive HTML Book List".

Andre

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Companion Book

Would www.amazon.com have it?

-james

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Companion Book

Quote:

> Would www.amazon.com have it?

> -james

No.

The publisher vdf has no US distributor.
However, it is hoped that the currently ongoing
negotiations with a potential, well established,
distributor will soon end up successfully.

I shall post a mews item in due time.
This information is also noted in:
"http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/system3/news.html"

Andre Fischer

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Oberon Companion book

2. "The Oberon Companion" book is available

3. The Oberon Companion

4. Book: Clarion Companion

5. Must-Have Book: Design Patterns ST Companion

6. Clarion Companion Book

7. Clarion Companion-book by Randy Goodhew ?

8. Clarion Companion book

9. GOF Companion Book Comments on Abstract

10. New Books on Oberon (Short summary: Three Questions on Oberon)

11. Search a good german Oberon Tutorial/Book