Native Oberon System-3 on Linux GGI
Author Message
 Native Oberon System-3 on Linux GGI

You heard right!  Someone (Peter Matthais?) has developed a port
of Native Oberon to the Linux GGI (General Graphics Interface)
enviornment.  Linux GGI is the new graphical library that allows
hardware independent graphics programming without going through
X (although a version of X has been developed that runs ontop of
GGI).  I don't know why this hasn't been announce here yet (maybe
I just missed it?)  Anyway, you can find relevant info about it, plus
the download link at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Native Oberon System-3 on Linux GGI

Quote:
>You heard right!  Someone (Peter Matthais?) has developed a port
>of Native Oberon to the Linux GGI (General Graphics Interface)
>enviornment.  Linux GGI is the new graphical library that allows
>hardware independent graphics programming without going through
>X (although a version of X has been developed that runs ontop of
>GGI).  I don't know why this hasn't been announce here yet (maybe
>I just missed it?)  Anyway, you can find relevant info about it, plus
>the download link at http://ggi.via.ecp.fr/other.html.

I've found this one some time ago and asked Pieter Muller about the project
status. It is essentially a proof-of-concept (a very interesting one, IMO),
but it isn't supposed to run with newer versions of the GGI libs.

Chris

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Native Oberon System-3 on Linux GGI

Quote:

> >You heard right!  Someone (Peter Matthais?) has developed a port
> >of Native Oberon to the Linux GGI (General Graphics Interface)
> >enviornment.  Linux GGI is the new graphical library that allows
> >hardware independent graphics programming without going through
> >X (although a version of X has been developed that runs ontop of
> >GGI).  I don't know why this hasn't been announce here yet (maybe
> >I just missed it?)  Anyway, you can find relevant info about it, plus
> >the download link at http://ggi.via.ecp.fr/other.html.
> I've found this one some time ago and asked Pieter Muller about the project
> status. It is essentially a proof-of-concept (a very interesting one, IMO),
> but it isn't supposed to run with newer versions of the GGI libs.

One reason that for this is that I couldn't install the latest GGI for
my graphic card...

Meanwhile I am thinking about porting Native Oberon to Linux X11 DGA.
DGA is the Direct Graphics Access mode ( a linear framebuffer) of XFree
3.2 and newer.
I can't promise a release, but I hope to have it running within 4 weeks.

        Peter

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Oberon System 3 / Native Oberon projects

2. inquiry about Visual Oberon/PC Native Oberon System 3

3. Oberon-2 in Native Oberon System 3

4. Oberon system on native file system

5. Questions about Gadgets programming in Linux Native Oberon 2.3.7

6. networking in linux native oberon

7. Installation of Native Oberon under Linux

8. Native Oberon System and Cheap PCs

9. Native Oberon file system

10. TeX for Native Oberon System 3

11. Problem with ETH Native Oberon System 3

12. Problem when installing Native Oberon System 3