New release of Linz Oberon V4 Release 2.2
Author Message
 New release of Linz Oberon V4 Release 2.2

We are happy to announce a new release of our Oberon
versions for PowerMac and Windows. They are available
via anonymous ftp from

        ftp://ftp.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/pub/Oberon

or via your Web-Browser at

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Please be sure to download the archives in binary format.

Apart from the obligatory bug fixes, this release includes
some new features:

-       Unified the filename format which differed between Mac
                and Windows. Both systems now use the format used
                in URLs.

-       JPEG support

-       Automatic document recognition. Opening a file by
        clicking on it (MM+MR) will automatically choose the
        appropriate application, e.g. URLs will be opened with the
        Web-Browser, Pictures with a picture viewer, ...

-       The metaprogramming facilities in the module Ref now
        support local procedures, i.e. it is possible to follow
        static links to the scope of the nesting procedure.

-       New kind of element: TreeElems. Quite useful for developers.
        It looks and acts as a popupelement. When clicked it offers a
        view on the structure of the module in this viewer. By choosing
        a name (procedure name, type name) the text is scrolled to its
        definition.

-       New kind of element: HistoryElems. They allow for a simple
        version management by coloring deltas between different versions.

Johannes Kepler University              Tel.:   +43-732-2468-7132
Practical Computer Science              Fax.:   +43-732-2468-7138
System Software Department
Altenbergerstr. 69
A-4040 Linz, Austria

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 New release of Linz Oberon V4 Release 2.2

Quote:
>We are happy to announce a new release of our Oberon
>versions for PowerMac and Windows. They are available
>via anonymous ftp from

>    ftp://ftp.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/pub/Oberon

>or via your Web-Browser at

>    http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/

>Please be sure to download the archives in binary format.

< ... >

Obviously the new Windows version is for win95 only.
Is it planned to release a win3.x version?

Thu, 09 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 New release of Linz Oberon V4 Release 2.2

Menus no longer work completely on my PowerMac 7100/66.  This is true for
earlier releases as well as the latest.  I have recently switched to OS
8.  Is this a bug under OS 8, or has my particular system gone loco
somehow?

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEW RELEASE: Linz Oberon V4, Release 2.1

2. Update to the new Oberon V4 release from the Linz group

3. NEW RELEASE: Oberon System 3, Release 2.2

4. NEW RELEASE: Oberon System 3, Release 2.2

5. Linz V4 is the official Oberon V4

6. Oberon V4 Linux new release

7. New Oberon V4 for Windows 95/NT Release

8. New Oberon PowerMac V4 release 2.0

9. New freeware Oberon System V4 for OS/2 2.1 released

10. Linux Oberon System 3 Release 2.2 for X Windows

11. CLARIFICATION: Oberon System 3, Release 2.2

12. RELEASED Python 2.2 release candidate 1 is out!