"BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows 
Author Message
 "BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows

Hello all,

This has been announced on the Native Oberon mailing list, but for some
reason it hasn't been posted here.  So here it is folks!  BlueBottle Oberon
(aka AOS) is now available under Windows!  So now everyone can play
with it.  Note not everything has been ported yet.  For instance the
BlueBottle windowing system.  XML also has not been "officially" ported,
but I've managed to get it to clean compile.  I've also gotten WebDAV
to clean compile.  Anyway here's the link.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Regards,

John M. Drake



Wed, 30 Nov 2005 06:53:07 GMT  
 "BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows

Quote:

> This has been announced on the Native Oberon mailing list, but for some
> reason it hasn't been posted here.  So here it is folks!  BlueBottle Oberon
> (aka AOS) is now available under Windows!  So now everyone can play
> with it.  Note not everything has been ported yet.  For instance the

Thanks for pointing that out.

But your qualification that "everbody can play with it now" seems a bit
exaggerated. Most programmers who got a brain don't touch Windows and
everbody can use BlueBottle without Windows either by booting from a
CDROM drive or by creating a multi boot configuration. The most
important condition for using BlueBottle is the CPU type.

Quote:
> BlueBottle windowing system.  XML also has not been "officially" ported,
> but I've managed to get it to clean compile.  I've also gotten WebDAV
> to clean compile.  Anyway here's the link.

Great. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
> http://www.bluebottle.ethz.ch/WinAos/

--
moc dot slupofni at norebo - please reverse the sequence

Carpe Diem!



Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:04:02 GMT  
 "BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows
Hi John,
Quote:
> XML also has not been "officially" ported, but I've managed to get it to clean
> compile.

And as far as I used it it works.
Quote:
> I've also gotten WebDAV to clean compile.

After a final fix in W32.AosTCP.Mod of WinAos 1.02 the WebDAV 0.14 Client even
worked :-)
Which means that it got the answer to a PROPFIND from the server.

Regards, Edgar

--

"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/forum/oberon"    Running Active Oberon
Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.     Albert Einstein



Thu, 01 Dec 2005 05:07:49 GMT  
 "BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows

Quote:


> > This has been announced on the Native Oberon mailing list, but for some
> > reason it hasn't been posted here.  So here it is folks!  BlueBottle Oberon
> > (aka AOS) is now available under Windows!  So now everyone can play
> > with it.  Note not everything has been ported yet.  For instance the

> Thanks for pointing that out.

> But your qualification that "everbody can play with it now" seems a bit
> exaggerated. Most programmers who got a brain don't touch Windows and
> everbody can use BlueBottle without Windows either by booting from a
> CDROM drive or by creating a multi boot configuration. The most
> important condition for using BlueBottle is the CPU type.

Hello Ulrich,

Yes I'm aware that some people don't like using Windows.  But the point
is that everyone now CAN use BlueBottle if they CHOOSE to!  Some machines
that I have tested will not boot the BlueBottle CD.  And yes, that's even
some new machines.  The main culprit has been the Intel video chip.  This
chip is not VESA compatible for some stupid reason.  So while you are
right that an important condition for BlueBottle is the CPU type,
another equally important condition is the video chip type. So if
someone happens to have one of those machines they can "hold
their nose" and install it under Windows. ;)  

Also with this port as a "proof of concept" someone may decide to port
this to Linux also.

Quote:
> > BlueBottle windowing system.  XML also has not been "officially" ported,
> > but I've managed to get it to clean compile.  I've also gotten WebDAV
> > to clean compile.  Anyway here's the link.

> Great. Thanks anyway.

You're welcome.

Regards,

John M. Drake



Sat, 03 Dec 2005 05:48:20 GMT  
 "BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows

Quote:

> Hi John,
> > XML also has not been "officially" ported, but I've managed to get it to clean
> > compile.
>  And as far as I used it it works.
> > I've also gotten WebDAV to clean compile.
> After a final fix in W32.AosTCP.Mod of WinAos 1.02 the WebDAV 0.14 Client even
> worked :-)
> Which means that it got the answer to a PROPFIND from the server.

> Regards, Edgar

Hello Edgar,

That's great news!  Have you forwarded this fix to Felix?  Also what's the
status on running a WebDAV server at ETH?

Regards,

John M. Drake



Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:23:41 GMT  
 "BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows
Hi John,

Quote:


> > Hi John,
> > After a final fix in W32.AosTCP.Mod of WinAos 1.02 the WebDAV 0.14 Client even
> > worked :-)
> > Which means that it got the answer to a PROPFIND from the server.
> That's great news!  Have you forwarded this fix to Felix?

Saw him yesterday :-)

Quote:
> Also what's the status on running a WebDAV server at ETH?

No official status yet. But something is running already.
Give me a couple of days for cleaning up the protocol by testing with non
Oberon clients and servers.

Regards, Edgar

--

"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/forum/oberon"    Running Active Oberon
Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.     Albert Einstein



Sun, 04 Dec 2005 03:47:14 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

2. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

3. Book "Programming in Oberon"

4. Updated "Oberon resources" posted

5. "Into the Realm of Oberon", a review

6. "The Oberon Companion" book is available

7. Linzer Oberon V4 and Module "In"

8. Dividing "problems" in Oberon System 3

9. Include "_" in Oberon/F identifiers

10. Oberon/F "Backgroundtasks"

11. Problems "navigating" Oberon System 3

12. BEGIN{want[]={"s1o", "s2o", "s2q", "s3q"}

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software