Question about System3 Licence
Author Message
 Question about System3 Licence

Hi,

Why is the following in the System3 licence, given the futility of
enforcing it in general?

 . . .
Article 9  Validity and Duration of License
[...]
(2) By notification with registered mail, the Institute may withdraw the
license or the sub-license with immediate effect.
 . . .

Is it, as it seems when combined with article 6 part (2), to
discourage companies from investing in development of System3?

[ETHZ sees a company doing something good with S3, decides they want
to do it themselves and sells the product, compels the company to
disclose the knowledge, then terminates the company's S3 licence...]

Also, I'd hope that, as Europeans, you'd spell licence the English way
;) Oh well, my German's too bad for this not to be a case of "those in
glass houses..."
--
Mark.

                      Is it Friday today?

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. licence-question

2. Licence question

3. pc native system3 question regarding telenews

4. System3 Newbie Question

5. Nondisclosure agreement in S# licence?

6. Licence?

7. VW networking and licence

8. PURCHASE OF YOUR OLD VSE 3.x licence

9. SmallTalk/V for WIN32 Licence upgrade

10. Licence / Royalties contract

11. ST/V: Educational Licence

12. ST/V: Educational Licence