3D Engine for System3
Author Message
 3D Engine for System3

[Sorry for delay, our news server was stuffed on Friday]

Yes, it's done! I've uploaded PolyWorld's successor Dim3 to
huxley. It's available from

Note that at the moment there is no Linux version. I hope this
will change as soon as Markus Daetwyler is back from his
holidays.

Enjoy,
  Erich Oswald
  Institut fuer Computersysteme, ETH Zuerich

--- From Dim3.Readme: ---
Dim3 is a package for visualizing and exploring three_dimensional
scenes that are built from polygons. It is based on an earlier package
called PolyWorlds, which it extends by adding specular reflections,
Gouraud shading and textured surfaces. Dim3 requires Intel Native,
Windows or Mac Oberon System 3 in order to run.

The Oberon archive "Dim3.Arc" contains the whole distribution.
Extract "Dim3Engine.Text" first (using Compress) and follow the
instructions there.

Dim3 has been developed as a diploma thesis at ETH Zurich by
David Ulrich. Please send bug reports and comments to

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 3D Engine for System3

.> Yes, it's done! I've uploaded PolyWorld's successor Dim3 to
.> huxley. It's available from
.>

.>
.> Note that at the moment there is no Linux version. I hope this
.> will change as soon as Markus Daetwyler is back from his
.> holidays.

Thanks.  One small correction though.  When I tried the above
address it asked me for a password.  Instead I left of the

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 3D Engine for System3

Quote:

> Yes, it's done! I've uploaded PolyWorld's successor Dim3 to
> huxley. It's available from

Thanks!

Quote:
> The Oberon archive "Dim3.Arc" contains the whole distribution.
> Extract "Dim3Engine.Text" first (using Compress) and follow the
> instructions there.

> Dim3 has been developed as a diploma thesis at ETH Zurich by
> David Ulrich. Please send bug reports and comments to

A couple of minute problems:

- In the file "Dim3Engine.Text", "Dim.Arc" has to be changed into "Dim3.Arc".
- The file "Gadgets.poly" needs a final Carriage Return ("ident expected").

/Jon

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 3D Engine for System3

.> [Sorry for delay, our news server was stuffed on Friday]
.>
.> Yes, it's done! I've uploaded PolyWorld's successor Dim3 to
.> huxley. It's available from
.>

.>
.> Note that at the moment there is no Linux version. I hope this
.> will change as soon as Markus Daetwyler is back from his
.> holidays.

I've tried it out and it works great!  I've noticed from
running bench marks with Dim3 and PolyWorlds that PolyWorlds
is somewhat faster, but that could be largely due to the
fact that Dim3 gives a much better images.  Not only is
the shading and specular reflections nice, but Dim3 doesn't
seem to need to rely on dithering like PolyWorlds does.

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Support for 3D Engines?

2. Haskell 3D engine

3. LOGO-L> Re: 3d engine

4. 3d engine

5. ANNOUNCE: Python support in the Nebula Device 3D Engine

6. 3D Engine?

7. Minor update of 3D engine

8. Ann: 3D engine, v. 006

9. 3D engine, v.005

10. 3D engine, v.3

11. 3d engine

12. a 3D model search engine, currently about 20,000 models indexed