reading material?
Author Message
 reading material?

Can you people recommend a good book for a starting Oberon programmer.
I'm not new to programming (know TP, Visual Basic, Cobol) but I am knew to
object oriented programming.

My professof recommended Nikitin - In the realm of Oberon. Bought this one
and it's very good. Anything else that I shoul consider buying?

Cheers,
Wannes

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 reading material?
Jeezes.

I should check my spelling before posting.

Sorry folks..

Cheers

Quote:
> Can you people recommend a good book for a starting Oberon programmer.
> I'm not new to programming (know TP, Visual Basic, Cobol) but I am knew to
> object oriented programming.

> My professof recommended Nikitin - In the realm of Oberon. Bought this one
> and it's very good. Anything else that I shoul consider buying?

> Cheers,
> Wannes

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 reading material?
- Programming in Oberon (N.Wirth) offers an introduction to the programming language Oberon.
- Object Oriented Programming in Oberon-2 (H. Moessenboeck) is a very good introduction and discussion of Object-Oriented programming.
- Project Oberon (N. Wirth, J. Gutknecht) covers the design and implementation of the Oberon [operating] System.  It doesn't discuss the language much, but uses it extensively, as the book contains the source to virtually all of the original system.

You may have trouble finding some of these titles, but they are certainly worth it.  If it's Object-Oriented programming you are interested in, I'd recommend OOPO2.  Since you've had TP experience, you'll probably be able to piece together what you need about the basics of the language from the language report.

-- ben

Quote:

> Can you people recommend a good book for a starting Oberon programmer.
> I'm not new to programming (know TP, Visual Basic, Cobol) but I am knew to
> object oriented programming.

> My professof recommended Nikitin - In the realm of Oberon. Bought this one
> and it's very good. Anything else that I shoul consider buying?

> Cheers,
> Wannes

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 reading material?
Pieter Muller wrote me to point out the Martin Reiser is the main Author of PiO, not N. Wirth.  He's right of course. :)  But considering how little sleep I've had....

-- ben

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 reading material?

Quote:

> - Object Oriented Programming in Oberon-2 (H. Moessenboeck) is a very good introduction and discussion of Object-Oriented programming.

I also recommend this book.  It's excellent for learning how to make
effective use of object-oriented techniques.

-Greg

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for some reading material.

2. Question abut folks reading material.

3. Reading material

4. Need intro to Ada9x book or reading material

5. Reading material for a a beginner to python...?

6. Using the canvas widget: books, reading material?

7. Advice for reading material

8. Subject: spoke to Ken Iverson about J written material

9. spoke to Ken Iverson about J written material

10. J written material (Emmett repost)

11. MVS Optional Materials

12. S/370 Assembler reference material