Setting Video Refresh for ET4000W32 on System 3 Native (PC)
Author Message
 Setting Video Refresh for ET4000W32 on System 3 Native (PC)

Hello All,

I managed to get Native System 3 up on the first try.  Lucky for me I
had the right kind of hardware.  The only problem is that at 1024x768
the refresh is not high enough.  I get a lot of flicker and it is hard
to read.

Does anyone know how to set the refresh rate to be 75HZ or so.

Thanks in advance.

Ian Lintault

Fri, 02 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Video Refresh for ET4000W32 on System 3 Native (PC)

Quote:
> I managed to get Native System 3 up on the first try.  Lucky for me I
> had the right kind of hardware.  The only problem is that at 1024x768
> the refresh is not high enough.  I get a lot of flicker and it is hard
> to read.

> Does anyone know how to set the refresh rate to be 75HZ or so.

Setting the refresh rate is one of the weak points of the PC hardware.
It seems that every card uses its own method.
In beta release 2.06 there was a DOS based bootstrap loader so that you
could set the refresh within DOS. Perhaps this will be upgraded to 2.1.

For my old noname ET4000 card i asked an assembler guru to disassemble
the DOS driver. He needed 8 hours to figure out the 2 assembler
instructions and it didn't work on two other ET4000 cards.

Now i upgraded to a miro Video 22SD and get only 60Hz.

Since i don't think that a new card is worth 8 hours of work, which
cards run the 1024x768 mode with 70..75Hz?

Thanks
        Peter

Mon, 05 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Native Oberon System and Cheap PCs

2. Using PC Native System 3 with OnTrack

3. inquiry about Visual Oberon/PC Native Oberon System 3

4. ANNOUNCE: PC Native Oberon Operating System

5. Re (2): acces file system in System 3 (native)

6. acces file system in System 3 (native)

7. Oberon system on native file system

8. Syncing graphics primitive to video refresh

9. Native Oberon install with Permedia-2 video

10. changing video resolution in native oberon

11. Looking for video card for native Oberon

12. Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems