Text-scrolling within a viewer
Author Message
 Text-scrolling within a viewer

This may seem like a silly question but is there any quick and easy way
of making a viewer scroll as information is diplayed?

At the moment when i write to a viewer it does not print the information
that goes "off" the viewer without me explicitly moving to the scroll bar and
moving the viewer up.
I am looking for a way of having the viewer scroll automatically as
information is written to it.
I am currently using the SPARC implementation.

Thanks alot
Chris.

Sat, 09 Mar 1996 17:38:09 GMT
 Text-scrolling within a viewer

: This may seem like a silly question but is there any quick and easy way
: of making a viewer scroll as information is diplayed?

: At the moment when i write to a viewer it does not print the information
: that goes "off" the viewer without me explicitly moving to the scroll bar and
: moving the viewer up.

WriteFrames.Show adjusts the viewer so that it displays the text
starting at pos.
        WriteFrames.Show( F, pos );

In your case you want to display the text so that it always includes
the last line. The problem is that your text could contain
ticking clocks, big fonts and other stuff, so it is hard to guess
where pos is.

If you always appending text of one font in a fixed size frame
then can simply show the text from text.len-N to text.len.
I think this will work most of the time.

        WriteFrames.Show( F, text.len - N )

Whitney

Sun, 10 Mar 1996 05:10:19 GMT

1. auto-scrolling in text viewers

2. Scrolling text within a file browsing list box

3. Mouse wheel doesn't scroll text scroll bar

4. text widget / scroll bar / automatic scrolling

5. scrolling text widgets inside a scrolling canvas

6. scrolling text window when adding text at bottom.

7. Centering Text Vertically Within Same Text Field

8. Tk bug? Text within text

9. Scroll Bars On Region or Panel Within a Window

10. Scrolling Regions within a Frame.

11. scroll command not working from within a proc

12. Scrolling canvas by dragging objects within them