POW-C-Oberon
Author Message
 POW-C-Oberon

I got no response from the POW list, so I'm trying my luck here.

I don't succeed to access a DLL with POW-Oberon which I created with POW-
C. It seems that the specification of the exported symbols of the DLL is
not correct. Could anybody send me two projects (which specifies all
necessary files), one for generating a simple DLL with C and another which
accesses it with an Oberon program?

Another item which I am looking for is a simple tool running under Windows
9x which displays the symbols exported from a DLL. Anything known out
there?
Frank Hrebabetzky               Tel.: +55/48/239-2033
Fundacao CERTI          Fax:  +55/48/239-2009

Florianopolis, SC               WWW:  www.certi.ufsc.br
88040-970
Brazil

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:32:54 GMT
 POW-C-Oberon
Hello Frank,

Quote:
> I don't succeed to access a DLL with POW-Oberon which I created with POW-
> C. It seems that the specification of the exported symbols of the DLL is
> not correct. Could anybody send me two projects (which specifies all
> necessary files), one for generating a simple DLL with C and another which
> accesses it with an Oberon program?

i did a quick look at the pow! examples directory.
There is a example  building and using DLL from Oberon.
I assume to use a DLL build from C you must use the keywords "cdcel" (or
so). Please look into the help.

Greetings,
Franz-Josef

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:52:42 GMT
 POW-C-Oberon
Help of GNU C++ Compiler-PlugIn for Pow!
(Using and creating Dynamic Link Libraries)

Create DLL:
Write source file (.mod) and definition file (.def).
Compilation creates a DLL (.dll) and a library file (.a).

Use DLL:
Include the .dll and the .a file in the project of the calling program.

... Pow-Oberon-2\Examples\Opal\UsingDLLs

The accessing project includes the files TestDLL.LIB and UseDLL.mod.

UseDLL is the program which accesses the DLL MainDLL.
It is unclear where TestDLL.LIB comes from. I did not find anything in the
Help about generating .LIB files. The Project which generates MainDLL.dll
contains just MainDLL.mod and Win32.lib. The directory contains the files
MainDLL.mod, MainDLL.obj, MainDLL.sym,
TestDLL.dll, TestDLL.EXP, TestDLL.LIB,
UseDLL.exe, UseDLL.mod, UseDLL.obj, UseDLL.prj, UseDLL.sym.

All that is somewhat incoherent:
--------------------------------

1. The C-Help states that the reading project must include the .dll, but the
Oberon example doesn't.

2. The C example states that the dll export information is in a .a file called
"library", whereas the Oberon example includes a .LIB file without explaining
where it comes from or what's in there.

Quote:
>Hello Frank,

>> I don't succeed to access a DLL with POW-Oberon which I created with
>> POW- C. It seems that the specification of the exported symbols of the
>> DLL is not correct. Could anybody send me two projects (which
>> specifies all necessary files), one for generating a simple DLL with C
>> and another which accesses it with an Oberon program?

>i did a quick look at the pow! examples directory.
>There is a example  building and using DLL from Oberon.
>I assume to use a DLL build from C you must use the keywords "cdcel" (or
>so). Please look into the help.

>Greetings,
>Franz-Josef

Frank Hrebabetzky       Tel.: +55/48/239-2033
Fundacao CERTI          Fax:  +55/48/239-2009

Florianopolis, SC       WWW:  www.certi.ufsc.br
88040-970
Brazil

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:47:51 GMT

1. Using Pow! oberon-2 compiler with another program

2. Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

3. Wirth's Oberon-0 Compiler for Pow!

4. POW! Great for Oberon beginners

5. POW - Programmers Oberon Workbench