UnixCalc release for BeOS R4 (PPC & x86)
Author Message
 UnixCalc release for BeOS R4 (PPC & x86)

Today Computer Inspirations released a command-line calculator named
UnixCalc for the BeOS R4, both PPC and x86 platforms.  This calculator
provides features such as full scientific, logarithmic, programmer, power,
and transcendental functions.  Results are available in three floating point
formats and up to fif{*filter*} different radices including binary, octal, and
hexadecimal.  Other features include imaginary number support, user-defined
variables, up to 52-digit results and algebraic entry and evaluation of equations.

According to the author, Michael Griebling, "A calculator of comparable
power cannot be found for any computer platform.  Most other competitors'
calculators are just toys to demonstrate a fancy graphical interface.  UnixCalc
is intended to do real work and its features give the user the power to do things
other calculators can only dream of.  The price is right as well...free."

Reportedly, this calculator is the first product developed for the BeOS using
OO2C, an optimizing Oberon-2 compiler, also recently released by Computer
Inspirations.  BeOS executables and source code are available from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

                                                    ###

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UnixCalc release for BeOS R4 (PPC & x86)

Quote:

> Reportedly, this calculator is the first product developed for the BeOS using
> OO2C, an optimizing Oberon-2 compiler, also recently released by Computer
> Inspirations.  BeOS executables and source code are available from
> http://www.inspired.to/be/.

Interesting.  Good work Michael!  Fill me in.  Has Visual Oberon been
ported to Be yet?  If not, how did you do the GUI?

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BZip2 for BeOS R4 (PPC & x86)

2. Release of OO2C for the BeOS (x86 & PPC)

3. NASM under BeOS R4.5

4. Python 1.5.1 - BeOS 4 x86 [Q]

5. Convert intel x86 to AT&T x86 asm source

6. PPST icons r4 -> r4.1

7. BeOS & Mac ports of Python 1.5

8. tk problems on AT&T System V R4

9. PP-80 R4--Using color messages on B&W screens

10. New version of UnixCalc

11. ANNOUNCE: Native XDS-x86 2.40 for OS/2 Pre-Release

12. Native XDS-x86 2.31 OS/2 Edition Released