MacOberon: finding compiler errors/TerminalTool
Author Message
 MacOberon: finding compiler errors/TerminalTool

When I compile a program in MacOberon I get a getport of an error like so:

                compiling "thom"
                pos    77  err  39

I then select "pos    77  err  39" and hit Edit.Locate in the syslog menubar.
I then promptly get a trap that looks like this:

TRAP 2  FP=6BD050H      PC=4CF228H
TextFrames.Show
        F=559518H
        pos=0
Edit.Locate
Oberon.Call
        new=FALSE
        par=51CF70H
        res=1
TextFrames.Call
        F=51CE50H
        new=FALSE
        pos=40
TextFrames.Edit
        F=51CE50H
        Keys={1}
        X=939
        Y=843
TextFrames.Handle
        F=51CE50H
MenuViewers.Handle
        V=51CD30H
Oberon.Loop

What's the right way to do this?

Also, is there any documentation for enhancing the terminal tool? I like it
alot but need to add some more stuff if I'm to switch over from my
regular term program.

Thanks

Sun, 22 Oct 1995 06:55:42 GMT
 MacOberon: finding compiler errors/TerminalTool

Quote:

> When I compile a program in MacOberon I get a getport of an error like so:

>            compiling "thom"
>            pos    77  err  39

> I then select "pos    77  err  39" and hit Edit.Locate in the syslog menubar.
> I then promptly get a trap that looks like this:

> TRAP 2     FP=6BD050H      PC=4CF228H
> TextFrames.Show
>    F=559518H
>    pos=0
> Edit.Locate
> Oberon.Call
>    new=FALSE
>    par=51CF70H
>    res=1
> TextFrames.Call
>    F=51CE50H
>    new=FALSE
>    pos=40
> TextFrames.Edit
>    F=51CE50H
>    Keys={1}
>    X=939
>    Y=843
> TextFrames.Handle
>    F=51CE50H
> MenuViewers.Handle
>    V=51CD30H
> Oberon.Loop

> What's the right way to do this?

> Also, is there any documentation for enhancing the terminal tool? I like it
> alot but need to add some more stuff if I'm to switch over from my
> regular term program.

> Thanks

Problem was mentioned already. This happens if the program is not
opened with the appropriate Tool. If nobody else tells you the right
thing, just try: Write.Open Prog.Open or Edit.Open until Edit.Locate
works fine. It is very easy to fall into this trap. I had the luck,
that I had used the correct one the first time. Therfore, I knew that
it worked when it happened some time later. It took me quite some time
to figure it out.

--
Karl-Michael Schindler                          Tel. (30) 8305-481
Abtlg. OF                                       Fax  (30) 8305-241

Sat, 28 Oct 1995 01:47:47 GMT
 MacOberon: finding compiler errors/TerminalTool

Quote:

> > When I compile a program in MacOberon I get a getport of an error like so:

> >               compiling "thom"
> >               pos    77  err  39

> > I then select "pos    77  err  39" and hit Edit.Locate in the syslog menubar.
> > I then promptly get a trap that looks like this:

> > TRAP 2        FP=6BD050H      PC=4CF228H
> > TextFrames.Show
> >       F=559518H
> >       pos=0
> > Edit.Locate
> > Oberon.Call
> >       new=FALSE
> >       par=51CF70H
> >       res=1
> > TextFrames.Call
> >       F=51CE50H
> >       new=FALSE
> >       pos=40
> > TextFrames.Edit
> >       F=51CE50H
> >       Keys={1}
> >       X=939
> >       Y=843
> > TextFrames.Handle
> >       F=51CE50H
> > MenuViewers.Handle
> >       V=51CD30H
> > Oberon.Loop

> > What's the right way to do this?

> > Also, is there any documentation for enhancing the terminal tool? I like it
> > alot but need to add some more stuff if I'm to switch over from my
> > regular term program.

> > Thanks

> Problem was mentioned already. This happens if the program is not
> opened with the appropriate Tool. If nobody else tells you the right
> thing, just try: Write.Open Prog.Open or Edit.Open until Edit.Locate
> works fine. It is very easy to fall into this trap. I had the luck,
> that I had used the correct one the first time. Therfore, I knew that
> it worked when it happened some time later. It took me quite some time
> to figure it out.

> --
> Karl-Michael Schindler                             Tel. (30) 8305-481
> Abtlg. OF                                  Fax  (30) 8305-241
> Fritz-Haber-Institut der MPG
> D-1000 Berlin 33                           preferred email address:

I had the same problem and people from ETH told me the following:

Edit.Locate does not work with Write.Open (Write-Tool). If you want to use
the Write-Tool, just write in your System.Tool (or somewhere else, where it
is easily accessible):

    Write.Locate ^

and issue this command instead of Edit.Locate.

This works fine. (I always do it this way).

Jochen Riehm

Sat, 28 Oct 1995 21:18:30 GMT
 MacOberon: finding compiler errors/TerminalTool

Quote:

> When I compile a program in MacOberon I get a getport of an error like so:

>            compiling "thom"
>            pos    77  err  39

> I then select "pos    77  err  39" and hit Edit.Locate in the syslog menubar.
> I then promptly get a trap that looks like this:

I highly recommend using the "Prog" extension of the standard "Write" editor
(see Prog.Tool). "Prog.Compile" (in the menubar of a Prog.Viewer) will lunch
the compiler and mark the errors in the text (!!!) by black boxes. You can then
locate these boxes by "Prog.ShowError", which will simultaneously display the
error by text (e.g. "undeclared identifier") in "System.Log". The boxes will
not be stored and fade before recompilation.

Gerhard

Mon, 30 Oct 1995 16:57:43 GMT

1. BUG In O2 compiler for MacOberon (mc68000)

2. Unable to find solution to error: ValueError: math domain error

3. Compiler error (or maybe compiler problem?!)

4. ! Where can I find a forth compiler????

5. Where can I find a Forth compiler...

6. SISAL compiler found

7. Where can I find a dylan compiler?

8. Where can I find a PL/I compiler?

9. where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

10. BASIC Compiler -- help me find one?

11. Where could I find a rexx compiler

12. Where can I find a Modula2 compiler??