New addresses of ETH servers
Author Message
 New addresses of ETH servers

As you might have noticed, neptune.inf.ethz.ch is not available anymore.
The new address is the following:

Name:     ftp.inf.ethz.ch  (ftp server with ETH-Oberon software and docs)
Address:  129.132.101.13

For completeness, here's hades, ics, and huxley:

Name:    hades.ethz.ch    (ftp server with other Oberon software)
Address: 129.132.71.5

Name:    ics.inf.ethz.ch   (ftp and WWW server of the Institute)
Address:  129.132.134.3

Name:    huxley.inf.ethz.ch   (ftp and WWW server for System3 stuff)
Address:  129.132.134.7

Have fun!

                                  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ludwig
  Institute for Computer Systems
  CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland

  Phone: 41-1-632 7301
  Fax  : 41-1-632 1220

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 New addresses of ETH servers

Quote:

> : As you might have noticed, neptune.inf.ethz.ch is not available anymore.
> : The new address is the following:

> : Name:     ftp.inf.ethz.ch  (ftp server with ETH-Oberon software and docs)
> : Address:  129.132.101.13

>   Ah, this change invalidates Dr Wirth's book!  All past
> documentation ist kaput!

> -Douglas Danforth

Quite fortunately, no. ETHZ has made a nice job of redirecting users
from neptune to the new site, which in turn will inform newcomers
of the new directory layout. Very nice, indeed.

The only inconvenience is, that all files got new creation dates, and
it is not obvious, which implementations are of what age. In the past
I used to look at the creation dates on neptune, and from this I knew,
when something has changed and it was time to upgrade. But this is
a minor problem.

Wojtek

Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 New addresses of ETH servers

: > : As you might have noticed, neptune.inf.ethz.ch is not available anymore.
: > : The new address is the following:
: >
: > : Name:     ftp.inf.ethz.ch  (ftp server with ETH-Oberon software and docs)
: > : Address:  129.132.101.13
: >
: >   Ah, this change invalidates Dr Wirth's book!  All past
: > documentation ist kaput!
: >
: > -Douglas Danforth

: Quite fortunately, no. ETHZ has made a nice job of redirecting users
: from neptune to the new site, which in turn will inform newcomers
: of the new directory layout. Very nice, indeed.

: The only inconvenience is, that all files got new creation dates, and
: it is not obvious, which implementations are of what age. In the past
: I used to look at the creation dates on neptune, and from this I knew,
: when something has changed and it was time to upgrade. But this is
: a minor problem.

: Wojtek

  Thank you Wojtek.  I was hoping someone would clearify this.
-Doug

--
UME Voice, The speech recognition standard for Wall Street.

Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. New Address for IFT Online Demo Web Server

2. Address Of ETH

3. New address to the ESA VHDL ftp server

4. ETH WWW server is messed up

5. Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

6. ANN: New ETH Oberon mailing list

7. New ETH Native Oberon home page

8. Fetch the Address book from exchange server ...

9. i want the newsgroup server address

10. How to get IP address of client from server

11. who can tell me more newsgroup server address?

12. Scanning for local servers, getting a broadcast address