Hades ftp server?
Author Message
 Hades ftp server?

I think else someone asked this recently, but I must have
missed the answer.  Will the Hades ftp server be down for an
extended period of time?  I have tried to connect several
different times over several days using the numeric address as
well as the aliased name, but have not been able to reach
Hades at all.  :-(

Thu, 22 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Hades ftp server?

Hades has been discontinued, if this is the right thing
to say about Hades :-)

The dadress now is ftp.inf.ethz.ch, and it exists, see below:

Quote:
> ftp ftp.inf.ethz.ch

220 FTP server of Dept. Informatik, ETHZ ready.
Connected to FTP.INF.ETHZ.CH.
Name (ftp.inf.ethz.ch:skulski): ftp
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230-+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
230-|                 ETH ZURICH, Departement of INFORMATIK                   |
230-|                 =====================================                   |
230-|                                                                         |
230-|                   Welcome to the FTP Service of INF                     |
230-|                                                                         |

230-+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Quote:
> I think else someone asked this recently, but I must have
> missed the answer.  Will the Hades ftp server be down for an
> extended period of time?  I have tried to connect several
> different times over several days using the numeric address as
> well as the aliased name, but have not been able to reach
> Hades at all.  :-(

Thu, 22 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Hades ftp server?

Quote:
> I think else someone asked this recently, but I must have
> missed the answer.  Will the Hades ftp server be down for an
> extended period of time?  I have tried to connect several
> different times over several days using the numeric address as
> well as the aliased name, but have not been able to reach
> Hades at all.  :-(

Ooopps. Please distragard my previous post. I thought you were
asking about neptune. Neptune service is back under new name,
but Hades went away. They said it would be back last week.
Apparently, they are behind the schedule.

Wojtek

Thu, 22 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Hades ftp server?

Quote:
> I think else someone asked this recently, but I must have
> missed the answer.  Will the Hades ftp server be down for an
> extended period of time?  I have tried to connect several
> different times over several days using the numeric address as
> well as the aliased name, but have not been able to reach
> Hades at all.  :-(

The Oberon Interest Group (sorry if the name is wrong) had to change
their room (I know it just because I'm in the NeXT User Group and we
were in the same room) and hades with them. Probably they don't have
a new location yet.

Furthermore, the building where all these computers are in (IFW, for
thouse who know it) currently gets new cables, so there are additional
(usually short) network-problems sometimes.

I think hades will not be back until the Oberon Group announces that
it's back again (I guess hades will also have a new IP-number).

Please notice that this is not an official posting, I just share what
I know with thouse who want to know ;-)

- Felix

--

Fri, 23 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hades and ftp.inf mirror

2. Squeak FTP site established: ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak

3. My ftp site (ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper)

4. FTP server in APL+WIN

5. ftp server or client classes for visualworks?

6. ftp server

7. FTP server (& partial client)

8. FTP server?

9. FTP Server (PBDLL 6.0)