Open source Component Pascal compiler for JVM and .NET
Author Message
 Open source Component Pascal compiler for JVM and .NET

Component Pascal is an object oriented variant of Pascal, most closely
related to Oberon-2.  Compared to Oberon-2 CP has additional annotations
intended to assist in component oriented programming.

Gardens Point Component Pascal is an implementation of the language, and
currently has two code emitters.  One produces JVM bytecodes as output,
while the other produces program executables for the .NET platform. The
compiler is written in Component Pascal, and may be bootstrapped on
either platform.

The compiler is open source, and is released under the GNU GPL.  It is
available, togethre with some documentation at the URL
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The distribution will be updated on a regular basis as more tools are
completed.

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:42:12 GMT
 Open source Component Pascal compiler for JVM and .NET

Quote:

> http://plasrc.qut.edu.au/ComponentPascal/

This URL doesn't work. The correct one seems to be:
http://www.plasrc.qut.edu.au/ComponentPascal/

-Patrik

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Open source Component Pascal compiler for JVM and .NET

Quote:
> Component Pascal is an object oriented variant of Pascal, most closely
> related to Oberon-2.  Compared to Oberon-2 CP has additional annotations
> intended to assist in component oriented programming.

John,

Can you comment on Garden Point Component Pascal definition of import
aliasing (I've mentioned it in another post). It seems not to be in
compliance with the Oberon Microsesytems defintion of the language.

GP  CP  : IMPORT ModuleWithALongName := M;
OuS CP  : IMPORT M := ModuleWithALongName;

Anes Sadikovic

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Open source Component Pascal compiler for JVM and .NET

Yes he did, but the URL was missing an important "www".  Instead try-

http://www.plasrc.qut.edu.au/ComponentPascal/

Sorry about that folks :-)

John Gough

Quote:
> Component Pascal is an object oriented variant of Pascal, most closely
> related to Oberon-2.  Compared to Oberon-2 CP has additional annotations
> intended to assist in component oriented programming.

> Gardens Point Component Pascal is an implementation of the language, and
> currently has two code emitters.  One produces JVM bytecodes as output,
> while the other produces program executables for the .NET platform. The
> compiler is written in Component Pascal, and may be bootstrapped on
> either platform.

> The compiler is open source, and is released under the GNU GPL.  It is
> available, togethre with some documentation at the URL
> http://plasrc.qut.edu.au/ComponentPascal/

> The distribution will be updated on a regular basis as more tools are
> completed.

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 07:13:14 GMT
 Open source Component Pascal compiler for JVM and .NET

Quote:

> > Component Pascal is an object oriented variant of Pascal, most closely
> > related to Oberon-2.  Compared to Oberon-2 CP has additional annotations
> > intended to assist in component oriented programming.

> John,

> Can you comment on Garden Point Component Pascal definition of import
> aliasing (I've mentioned it in another post). It seems not to be in
> compliance with the Oberon Microsesytems defintion of the language.

> GP  CP  : IMPORT ModuleWithALongName := M;
> OuS CP  : IMPORT M := ModuleWithALongName;

> Anes Sadikovic

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Anes is completely correct.  I simply implemented it wrongly.  We did it the
other way in GPM, and I probably noticed that the syntax in the "report" is
non-LL(1)
:-)

I will correct this error for the next release, which will be next week.

The new version has a number of more or less important bug fixes, a driver
which produces .class files directly (so you don't need jasmin), and a smart
make tool.

We will have another release after that, when Microsoft go to the official
beta of their .NET platform.  We understand that this will make the compiler
available on all of the MS-Windows environments including NT, 98, ME, and
maybe even CE!

Cheers
John

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:11:44 GMT

1. Component Pascal for VS.NET and Windows Forms apps

2. BlackBox / Component Pascal - Compound Components

3. Looking for a PASCAL Compiler on net

4. Open source version of .NET

5. Win32 Open Source or free .NET integration?

6. .Net, JVM and languages.

7. .Net, JVM and languages.

8. Byte.com article on JVM and .NET CLR

9. Wanted: Pascal/Ada source analyzer (was Re: WANTED: C source analyser)

10. Open-source release of MLj 0.2: a Standard ML to Java bytecode compiler

11. commerce, fp, Open Source Software(tm) (was: Re: Functional , compilers in the mainstream)

12. Open Source PL/1 Compilers?