status of concurrent Oberon ? 
Author Message
 status of concurrent Oberon ?

If I read the documentation right, Oberon doesn't have lightweight
really concurrent processes like Modula-2 seems to have (sorry I haven't
used either yet).

I would like to know what the status of concurrent Oberon is, and if there
may be a version soon that runs on Linux.

Also: what kind of graphics support is there for it? Does it run under X ?

- Josef



Wed, 28 May 1997 03:33:13 GMT  
 status of concurrent Oberon ?

Quote:

>If I read the documentation right, Oberon doesn't have lightweight
>really concurrent processes like Modula-2 seems to have (sorry I haven't
>used either yet).

>I would like to know what the status of concurrent Oberon is, and if there
>may be a version soon that runs on Linux.

>Also: what kind of graphics support is there for it? Does it run under X ?

Concurrent Oberon was a research topic.  I've never seen any discussion
or indication that it is going to be released to the public at large.

Taylor Hutt, chewing gum and typing at the same time
Did you know that Pluto has a moon nearly the same size as itself?



Wed, 28 May 1997 23:29:49 GMT  
 status of concurrent Oberon ?


Quote:
> Did you know that Pluto has a moon nearly the same size as itself?

Sorry, I can't resist pointing out that _our_ moon is _exactly_
the same size as itself.

Terry Moore, Statistics Department, Massey University, New Zealand.

Imagine a person with a gift of ridicule [He might say] First that a
negative quantity has no logarithm; secondly that a negative quantity has
no square root; thirdly that the first non-existent is to the second as the
circumference of a circle is to the diameter. Augustus de Morgan



Sat, 31 May 1997 04:35:22 GMT  
 status of concurrent Oberon ?

Quote:


>> Did you know that Pluto has a moon nearly the same size as itself?

> Sorry, I can't resist pointing out that _our_ moon is _exactly_
> the same size as itself.

Was it Wittgenstein who remarked this? That there was only one object
of which it could not be said, that it either was or was not precisely
one meter long: the meter stick in Paris.


Sun, 01 Jun 1997 10:15:19 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Concurrent Oberon, where to get ?

2. Concurrent Oberon and Hermes?

3. concurrent oberon where

4. GC in Concurrent Oberon?

5. Concurrent/Distributed Oberon extensions

6. STRAW HAT OBERON Status

7. Status STRAW-HAT-OBERON CD

8. Straw Hat CD-Oberon Status 11/09/99

9. CD-Oberon Status and call for Contributions

10. CD-Oberon 10-28-99 Status

11. CD-Oberon 10-27-99 Status

12. CD-Oberon Status

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software