Symbol files in Oberon for Linux
Author Message
 Symbol files in Oberon for Linux

Hi,

Can anyone tell me in which directory the symbol files are stored, and
how to recognize them (extension?) ?

The problem is that Watson.ShowDef doesn't do what it's supposed to do
with files I compiled myself (with the /s option). I get something like
this:

DEFINITION OutExt;

     [9655] OutExt.Date
     [969D] OutExt.Ln
     [9368] OutExt.Open
END OutExt.

while I should get something like this:

DEFINITION OutExt;

     PROCEDURE Open
     PROCEDURE Char (ch: CHAR);
     PROCEDURE String (str: ARRAY OF CHAR);
     PROCEDURE Int (i, n: LONGINT);
     PROCEDURE IntHex (i: LONGINT);
     PROCEDURE Color (i: INTEGER);
     PROCEDURE RealFl (x: REAL; n: LONGINT);
     PROCEDURE RealFix (x: REAL; n, d: LONGINT);
     PROCEDURE RealHex (x: REAL);
     PROCEDURE LongRealFl  (x: LONGREAL; n: LONGINT);
     PROCEDURE LongRealFix (x: LONGREAL; n, d: LONGINT);
     PROCEDURE LongRealHex^K (x: LONGREAL);
     PROCEDURE Date;
     PROCEDURE Ln;
END OutExt.

If I open the source code and try Watson.ShowDef *   wile making the
source window active with F1, I do get the right definition...

The definitions of the standard modules are right anyhow, the problem
exists only with modules I compiled myself...

I thought maybe there is something wrong with the symbol files?

I hope anyone can help me with this

Thanks in advance

Hans

Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Display of chinese symbols under LV6.1 linux

2. Linux Exporting symbols

3. Expect on Linux: can't configure for debug symbols

4. Q: Resolving symbols across Tcl shared library extensions under Linux

5. undefined symbols on dynamic linking (Linux/Elf)

6. Help: undefined symbol error in Linux compile for tcl7.4

7. Change symbol factory activex for standard symbol factory v1 or v2

8. make-symbol defiencies (how make a direct symbol?)

9. How to get symbol-value from symbol-name

10. Questions about Gadgets programming in Linux Native Oberon 2.3.7

11. Oberon and Linux

12. oberon interface to Linux c.