Using modula-2.el under Emacs : compiling and linking : help
Author Message
 Using modula-2.el under Emacs : compiling and linking : help

I've been experimenting with Emac's modula-2.el.
I've successfully compiled individual modules using the
"m2-compile" command,  but I have not found a way to
compile several modules at one time. That is, the "m2-compile"
command compiles the program in the current buffer and
doesn't prompt the user for a file name. Am I missing
something or is there a hac which will allow me to use
"m2-compile" on all buffers in modula-2-mode at once ?

I am also experimenting with the "m2-link" command.
Strangely, it only prompts the user for a set of object files
once and saves the list of object files.  It looks to me like
if one decides to link a new set of modules
he must exit Emacs and then re-enter Emacs. Am I missing
something or is there a way around this?

Actually, I haven't successfully used the  command
"m2-link". On my system I am setting the link command to

 ld -X -o a.out /lib/crt0.o /usr/lib/mod/modlib -lg -lpc -lm -lci

It seems to work OK except for the fact that it is not finding the
primitive modula2 libraries.  Perhpas I will find the additional file
I need to include via trial and error, but it would be nice to know that
I am on the right track.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Emmett

Fri, 04 Aug 1995 05:43:46 GMT

1. Using Scm in Emacs with cmuscheme.el

2. Compile, NCAL Link and Full Link v Compile and Full Link

3. eiffel3.el for GNU emacs?

4. gofer.el under emacs 19?

5. eiffel4.el does not work under Emacs 20

6. Who maintains eiffel3.el for emacs?

7. pydoc.el 1.01 - extensive Emacs/XEmacs/InfoDock interface to pydoc

8. Rexx-Mode.el, Rexx syntax support for Gnu-Emacs(1/1)

9. verilog.el for emacs

10. Emacs package for colouring of parentheses (cparen.el)

11. Wanted: updated verilog.el (emacs) for Solaris OS

12. verilog.el on emacs 19