Error while compiling/linking under TopSpeed
Author Message
 Error while compiling/linking under TopSpeed

Hi!

I was wondering if someone could help me out there.

I am trying to create a small program, as a side project
to my main job, with minimal resources and budget. For
this, I am using Jensen & Partner's TopSpeed Modula-2,
version 1.17, running under Windows 98.

The program in question is a small utility which is
designed to extract strings from several files and
create a detailed .CSV file from these.

My main module ("AutoGlo") calls a small library ("WinLib"),
which is designed to find out which version of Windows (or
DOS) the program is running under. However, every time I try
to compile AutoGlo, the compiler stops and returns the
following (uninformative) message:

Quote:
>Warning: _DoBreakInit defined in module AUTOGLO.MOD
>is duplicated in module WinLib.MOD
>WinLib.def, date/time 1 Jan 1980 0: 0 in module
>WinLib.MOD

What is weird is that I do get AUTOGLO.EXE. But this
program, which is designed to print a few messages on
the screen when it starts, now does nothing!!

Anybody could help me with this question?

Is there anyone who remembers TopSpeed??

Thanks in advance!

-- N.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error while compiling/linking under TopSpeed

Quote:

> this, I am using Jensen & Partner's TopSpeed Modula-2,
> version 1.17, running under Windows 98.
> My main module ("AutoGlo") calls a small library ("WinLib"),
> which is designed to find out which version of Windows (or
> DOS) the program is running under. However, every time I try
> to compile AutoGlo, the compiler stops and returns the
> following (uninformative) message:

> >Warning: _DoBreakInit defined in module AUTOGLO.MOD
> >is duplicated in module WinLib.MOD
> >WinLib.def, date/time 1 Jan 1980 0: 0 in module
> >WinLib.MOD

It is probably telling the truth. For some reason Autoglo and Winlib
both think they are the main program and have defined the symbol
_DoBreakInit referenced by the RTL. There is probably some pragma or $
option needs to be set in WinLib. I suspect it is a linker error
message.

I don't think the compiler does more than check against def files at
compile time.

Quote:
> Is there anyone who remembers TopSpeed??

Yes, but not many of us left. And it's ages since I did anything new in
JPI M2.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compile, NCAL Link and Full Link v Compile and Full Link

2. compile / link error C4

3. Compile/Link Error

4. Compile Error linking 32-bit .exe, CW2.003

5. Compiling Dictionary Link Error

6. CW2.003 - compile/LINK ERROR??

7. Missing Link Template Compile Error

8. link error compiling wish

9. error R6003 on NT server (link __WAIT_4.OBJ in link script already)

10. statically linked tcl conflict with dynamically linked tcl error

11. Compiling Tk4.1: "cross-compiling" error

12. Linking TopSpeed C