JPI Topspeed & MS-Windows / CoRoutines
Author Message
 JPI Topspeed & MS-Windows / CoRoutines

We are working on adding a Windows-based GUI to a UI-less Modula-2 library
using JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 v3.02.

A servere problem appears to be the fact that this compiler version
is not able to support coroutines in Windows applications because
according to JPI coroutines have been implemented using a memory model
called Multi Threaded that is not available under Windows.

We couldn`t figure out why JPI implemented the non-preemptive multitasking
supplied by the M2 coroutine-concept in this way. The library to be expanded
uses coroutines and we can`t imagine how to develope an Windows-application
using Modula-2-coroutines. Solutions might be:

  o   using Windows-mechanisms to create coroutines? (how???)

  o   implementing a new module with OurNEWPROCESS() and OurTRANSFER()
      replacing the JPI-routines? (this should have been done by JPI!!!)

Any ideas? Has anybody written such routines already?

Desperately,

Marcus, Ralph and Martin

--

Networks, like parachutes, only function when open.

Mon, 15 May 1995 22:41:19 GMT

1. JPI Topspeed & MS-Wi

2. JPI Topspeed & MS-Window

3. JPI Topspeed & MS-Window

4. JPI TopSpeed Modula2 & graphics

5. JPI TopSpeed V3.0 + Windows V3.0

6. JPI Modula-2 v2.00 r1.04 under MS Windows 3.0

7. JPI TopSpeed

8. JPI TopSpeed Modula-2

9. JPI TopSpeed

10. JPI/TopSpeed Debugger

11. WANTED: JPI TopSpeed 3.10 Compiler

12. JPI Topspeed Compiler: where can I get it?