Modula-2
Author Message
 Modula-2

Okay,

I work in dbase, clipper and have done some Pascal and read a bunch of
books on Modula-2 from Wirth on. If some of you could enlighten me as to
the state of the art I'd appreciate it. That is:
        Is it difficult to do Windows programming in Modula-2
        How fast is it when compared to other programming languages;e.g.
        C, C++, etal.?
        Are there any extensive commercial or shareware libraries
        available?
        What is the best compiler?
The reason I am requesting this help is that I'm about to take another
plunge -- into a new programming language -- and, while fascinated w/
the idea of Modula-2, am concerned about it's applicability in the
market place. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

... Nothing feels quite so good as when one has been shot at and missed.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!278!709.0!Philip.Perlman

Tue, 07 Jun 1994 20:32:17 GMT

1. translation tools C to Modula-2 and Modula-2 to C

2. Modula-2 for cp/m-80 (was: turbo Modula-2)

3. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C o

4. Interfacing C/C++ to Modula-3/Oberon Re (2): Use of Modula-3

5. MODULA-2 (OR MODULA-3) GRAMMAR

6. Modula-2 and Modula-3

7. Not JPI, Was: Modula-2 and Modula-3

8. Modula-2, Modula-3, C or C++

9. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C or C++)

10. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C o

11. Modula-2/modula-3 complier

12. Looking for Modula-2C - An Object-Oriented Extension of Modula-2