Oberon compiler, anyone ?
Author Message
 Oberon compiler, anyone ?

Hi. I looked at the Oberon articles mentioned in an earlier posting in this
group, and they were very interesting. Would anyone know where I could get
an Oberon compiler to play with? A 32000 compiler is mentioned in the
articles, but this wouldn't be much use to me, on a VAX :-)

If I get any replies at all, I'll summarize here.

BTW: is there a comp.lang.oberon yet ?? :-)

Thankx,
-------------------
Mark Stephens                   "We crashed a thousand yards below...
Programmer and other things      I said 'do it again! do it again!' "
DSIR/DIT, Wellington, NZ.           - the Man Who Sold the World

Wed, 17 Feb 1993 12:39:00 GMT
 Oberon compiler, anyone ?
I'm glad, someone besides the people in Wirth's group and myself likes Oberon.
To my knowledge, there's no compiler for other machines than the original one
for the Ceres Workstation (NS32x32). But some phd students in Wirth's group
are working on a portable Oberon compiler. There should be implementations for
SPARC, Mac and IBM-PC. A friend of mine and I are working on a compiler
for the Amiga. It will also be portable and have an independent frontend
for all machines. -> you only have to write the codegenerator for a new
machine. There'll be a lot of other features too, (Class browser ...)
There is also a new language called 'Object-Oberon' by Peter Moessenboeck and
his grad. students. It is unlike Oberon a *true* object-oriented language, but
still remains small and concise. There's a report available from the group.
So, C++ watch out !!

        Stefan

Stefan HM Ludwig        "Don't flame my english, it's what
                         they teach us in Swiss schools"

'TRUE'MAIL:     Stefan HM Ludwig
                Hotel Engematthof
                CH-8002 Zurich, Switzerland

Wed, 17 Feb 1993 20:25:00 GMT
 Oberon compiler, anyone ?

Sorry, I'm having trouble posting an article. If you've seen this article
before, just ignore the rest of it !

[...]

Wed, 17 Feb 1993 20:34:00 GMT

1. Announce: Oberon 960, an Oberon-2 compiler generating 80960 code

2. Very portable Oberon compiler (Oberon and ANDF)

3. Does anyone have a fortran compiler that is similar to say the C compiler Visual C++

4. Anyone rember an Oberon Based Java killer?

5. Is anyone programming DSPs in Oberon?

6. Anyone considered using Oberon with Japanese text?

7. Oberon/F - anyone heard of this?

8. Oberon-Tag anyone?

9. SOFTWARE: Native XDS-x86 v2.20 (Modula-2/Oberon-2 compiler)

10. Portable Oberon compiler

11. Oberon compiler

12. Looking for Oberon compiler