C to Modula2 converter?
Author Message
 C to Modula2 converter?

Recently someone asked about a Modula2 to C converter. I would
be interested in a program that converts C to Modula2. Does such
a program exist? I believe it is very difficult to translate C code
to Modula2 because of the (cryptic) notational possibilities of C.
Any info would be appreciated.

Fri, 26 May 1995 21:30:13 GMT
 C to Modula2 converter?

Quote:
> Recently someone asked about a Modula2 to C converter. I would
> be interested in a program that converts C to Modula2. Does such
> a program exist? I believe it is very difficult to translate C code
> to Modula2 because of the (cryptic) notational possibilities of C.
> Any info would be appreciated.

An interesting subject which I have debated privately. Is there such a thing
as a truly valid C program, first choose your dialect. Includes and
preprocessor can wreak havoc. Libraries are anouther problem with C possessing
a huge variety of objects.

There is a C to Pascal written by a small UK based company and there is a
shareware version (it's quite old). This program seems to work (I don't have a
useable Pascal compiler!). Output was not a pretty sight -- forgivable under
the circumstances.
The company owner/software author has read papers fairly recently which imply
to me that he is still active. On speaking to him he indicated that he could
indeed do a C to M2 but wouldn't unless someone commissions the job. (this may
be because the C to Pascal has not made money)
I don't have that kind of money to burn.

Anyone know of a Pascal to M2? :-)

  TC.

Sat, 27 May 1995 11:15:51 GMT
 C to Modula2 converter?

Quote:
> Recently someone asked about a Modula2 to C converter. I would
> be interested in a program that converts C to Modula2. Does such
> a program exist? I believe it is very difficult to translate C code
> to Modula2 because of the (cryptic) notational possibilities of C.
> Any info would be appreciated.

Yes there is a system available.  Talking to the developers, they said
it is quite a difficult task (and these are people who have developed
other translators including C to ...).  I think the company is Knowledge

Au revoir,

Sun, 28 May 1995 20:15:57 GMT
 C to Modula2 converter?

 TC> Anyone know of a Pascal to M2? :-)

Logitech used to include a Turbo Pascal to Modula-2 converter with their package.

John McMonagle

| Green Bay, WI 54311     Fidonet 1:139/590               |

uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!139!590!John.Mcmonagle

Sun, 28 May 1995 15:07:14 GMT

1. Modula2 as First CS Language

2. MODULA2 AS FIRST CS LANGU

3. Modula2 as first CS Language

4. Modula2 as first CS language

5. modula2 to C converter

6. searching modula2 to pascal converter

7. Modula2 -> C converter wanted

8. C to Modula2 converter?

9. C to Modula2 converter?

10. Modula2 to C converter?