A random number in MODULA-2?
Author Message
 A random number in MODULA-2?

        Hello. I'm working with Mocka Linux 9903. How do I get a random number
in it?. Are more newsgroups about Modula-2?

Thanks

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A random number in MODULA-2?

Quote:

>    Hello. I'm working with Mocka Linux 9903. How do I get a random number
> in it?. Are more newsgroups about Modula-2?

A pseudo random generator using the subtractive method taken from
Knuth, Seminumerical Algorithms, 3.2.2 and 3.6, belongs to
Ulm's Modula-2 System that is distributed under the terms of the GPL
(and in case of the library under the terms of the LGPL). More
informations may be found at
   http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/modula/
and
   http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/modula/man/man3/RandomGenerator.html

Andreas.

--
Andreas Borchert, Universitaet Ulm, SAI, Helmholtzstr. 18, 89069 Ulm,  Germany

WWW:    http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/sai/borchert/
PGP:    http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/sai/borchert/pgp.html

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A random number in MODULA-2?

Quote:

>         Hello. I'm working with Mocka Linux 9903. How do I get a random number
> in it?. Are more newsgroups about Modula-2?

The question of generating random numbers is answered in the Modula-2 FAQ:

        ftp://ftp.twu.ca/pub/modula2/m2faq.html#5.

--
        -- Aron

NB: To reply by e-mail, remove "spam-block." from my address.
- - - - - - - - - - -
You're a geek if your wife hasn't the foggiest idea what you do at work.

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Random Number Generator to produce SAME random number from 12:00am-11:59pm

2. Modula-2 Random Number Generator ...

3. Random number not random?

4. Pentium III processor number and random number generator

5. Random in Modula-2 ???

6. Of Mice & Modula-2/Random Files

7. J random-number generator: what is used?

8. Quasi Random numbers

9. How do I get random numbers with ALC?

10. [VA] Random Numbers!

11. Problem with random numbers

12. Random number generators