Compiler Tools
Author Message
 Compiler Tools

I have had several  inquiries in the last month for compiler tools.

I know of 2 modula-2 systems.
Coco by P.Rechenberg and H.Mossenbock and
Rex and lalr-ell by Josef Grosch.
I hope I'm giving credit to the correct people.

Is there anyone who has used either of these?
If so what are there capabilites and limitations?
Which is better?

John McMonagle

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!139!590!John.Mcmonagle

Mon, 05 Jun 1995 04:36:58 GMT
 Compiler Tools

Quote:

>I know of 2 modula-2 systems.
>Coco by P.Rechenberg and H.Mossenbock and
>Rex and lalr-ell by Josef Grosch.
>I hope I'm giving credit to the correct people.

>Is there anyone who has used either of these?

I have used Coco, Coco-2 and Coco/r on PC's.

Coco/r is very easy to use.  It generates recursive descen parsers
I ported it to four PC compilers.  Send e-mail if you want to know more
(Pat.Terry of 5:7104/4 on Fidonet if you like)

Tue, 06 Jun 1995 16:55:00 GMT

1. RELEASE: version 0.91 of the TOM compiler, tools, and libraries

2. 3rd RFD: comp.compilers.tools.pccts

3. Compiler Tools

4. Looking for Verilog grammer for PCCTS compiler tool set

5. Looking for VHDL grammar for PCCTS compiler tool set

6. New Release of Free Ada 95 Compiler/Tool Kit for DOS

7. Python Extensions with Borland's Free Compiler Tools

8. Recommendations on DOS Fortran compiler, tools

9. Compiler tools for Common Lisp?

10. ANN.: XML Schema to Java Compiler Tool

11. Compiler tools (yacc-like) for ST?

12. Help Compiler and Authoring Tools