Just a query
Author Message
 Just a query

Thank you for your well-reasoned message.  Both my colleague Asmodeus and
myself have repreatedly pointed out errors about Satanism which were
committed by Eric Marsh and Janet Christian, and provided
straightforward, non-confrontational explanations of what Satanism is
about, in alt.pagan on USENET.  Marsh and Christian have consistently
ignored these messages, unlike many others who thanked us for providing
these educational materials.  Education is not only a responsibility on
the well-informed side of an issue; the other side has to be willing to
listen.  Many people are -- from your statements about how your attitudes
have changed on Satanism, I assume you are one of them -- but many other
people find some deep emotional satisfaction from their pre-existing
stands are and are unwilling to even consider any contrary evidence.
After trying and trying, I have to conclude that Marsh and Christian are
among this latter, uneducable group.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!161!93!Tim.Maroney

Wed, 07 Apr 1993 05:16:08 GMT
 Just a query
Well said, insofar as your comments about understanding others'
backgrounds before drawing conclusions are concerned.  The ability
to remain calm while doing this is a rare trait.  May this not always
be so.  Certain New Agers speak quite frankly about the need to encourage
those who show a willingness to try to open up, while "weeding out"
in some fashion those who remain close-minded.  I wonder if these
New Age planners have concentration camps or worse in mind....

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!107!666.0!Charles.Nemo

Wed, 07 Apr 1993 10:16:59 GMT
 Just a query
myself, I think that is all basically good advice. However, in terms of
myself, I am actually reasonably well educated on Satanism, though there
is always benifit in gaining more information. I read Satanism in America
when it first came out some time back and have had other sources. This is
not to say that I am fully knowledgable, but I am not completly ignorant
either. The arguments I had put forth in the past were based on the
information I had at that time, and I still believe that some of the
basic points I have put forth in the past are valid, given the facts.
However there has never been a dialog on these things, just distracting
flame wars.
As for my childhood, I was raised an athiest. I still tend to lean
strongly in that direction.
Finally, Janet, myself and Alexandria were recently interviewed by the
Merky news. When the subject of Satanism came up I stated that while I
may have some philosophical differences with Satanists, I stated that
I wanted to draw a careful line so that I am not in any way endorsing any
of the lies often told about Satanists. I even went so far as to attempt
(actually volunteer) to attempt to put the reporter in touch with some
Satanists, if she wanted the story from their side. (BTW, Tim, even
though I have a strong dislike for you, I would have given you that
oppertunity if you were interested.) I did state that we were not
involved in Satanism in any way. I will be interested in seeing how this
all comes out in print. See the Mercury News, Saturday the 20th in the
religion section.
Anyhow, I hope this clears up some misunderstandings.
   B*B
     Eric

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!161!93!Eric.Marsh

Wed, 07 Apr 1993 10:40:38 GMT

1. MySQL query in PHP: Not query zero amounts also removes null amounts from query

2. clipper query conver to sql query

3. Yet Another PEP: Query Protocol Interface or __query__

4. Yet Another PEP: Query Protocol Interface or __query__

5. After each query in serial communication I receive the response of the previous query.Why?

6. extracting sql query result from ordered collection

7. Querying Operands

8. Conversion of APLs query

9. LinkJ Query

10. QUERY ON +.x ON NESTED ARRAYS IN APL2

11. Unwanted query to save changes

12. re SQL Server Database queries