Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C o
Author Message
 Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C o

FIFTY WAYS TO HOSE YOUR CODE
            (with apologies to Paul Simon)

The problem's all inside your code she said to me;
Recursion is easy if you take it logically.
I'm here to help you if you're struggling to learn C,
There must be fifty ways to hose your code.

She said its' really not my habit to #include,
And I hope my files won't be lost or misconstrued;
But I'll recompile at the risk of getting screwed,
There must be fifty ways to hose your code.

Just blow up the stack Jack,
Make a bad call Paul,
Just hit the wrong key Lee,
And set your pointers free.

Just mess up the Gus,
You don't need to recurse much,
You just listen to me.

She said it grieves me to see you compile again.
I wish there were some hardware that was't such pain.
I said I appreciate that and could you please explain,
About the fifty ways.

She said why don't we both just work on it tonight,
And I'm sure in the morning it'll be working just right.
Then she hosed me and I realized she probably was right,
There must be fifty ways to hose your code.

Just lose the address Les,
Clear the wrong Int Clint,
Traverse the wrong tree Lee,
And set your list free.

Just mess up the bus Gus,
You don't need to recurse much,
You just program in C.

--

                           file://ee.newcastle.edu.au/pub/www/Moylan.html

Thu, 02 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C or C++)

2. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C o

3. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C or C++)

4. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C

5. Report on defect in M2 vs C (Was Modula-2, Modula-3, C or C++)

6. Modula 2 for Macs - CS instruction

7. Teaching Ada in CS-1/2 (instead of Pascal/Modula)

8. how to choose a language (was Re: Report on defect in M2 vs C)

9. how to choose a language (was Re: Report on defect in M2 vs C)

10. how to choose a language (was Re: Report on defect in M2 vs C)

12. New Zealand Digital Library: full-text index to 30,000 C.S. reports