Cardinals
Author Message
 Cardinals

I'm new to Modula-2 and can't (won't) spend $75.00+ for the best M2
textbook. I'm moderately proficient in Pascal and recognize the
similarities between the said languages. However, I haven't been able to
latch on to the definition of a Cardinal data type. Anyone please!
Thanks!

later.....duke
___
 X SLMR 2.0 X Selectman Mobile

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!134!40!Duke.Normandin

Mon, 15 May 1995 01:08:00 GMT
 Cardinals

 -=> Quoting Duke Normandin to All <=-

 DN> I'm new to Modula-2 and can't (won't) spend $75.00+ for the best M2
 DN> textbook. I'm moderately proficient in Pascal and recognize the
 DN> similarities between the said languages. However, I haven't been able
 DN> to latch on to the definition of a Cardinal data type. Anyone please!
 DN> Thanks!

     A CARDINAL value is a whole number in the range [0..MAX (CARDINAL)]
 (the upper bound is system dependent).  It is assignment compatible
 with the other whole number types (INTEGER, LONGINT, LONGCARD and
 sub-ranges), thus you can, for example, assign it to an INTEGER
 variable or pass it to a LONGINT value parameter, but you can't
 add an INTEGER and a LONGCARD.

                                        - Narti

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!396!1!Narti.Kitiyakara

Wed, 17 May 1995 05:30:00 GMT
 Cardinals
Duke Normandin (1:134/40) writes to All:

 >However, I haven't
 >been able to latch on to the definition of a Cardinal data type.
 >Anyone please!
 >Thanks!

It's an unsigned integer.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!106!2000.25!Jon.Guthrie

Thu, 18 May 1995 04:48:39 GMT

1. (in)compatibility between INTEGER and CARDINAL

2. (Copy) (in)compatibility between INTEGER and CARDINAL

3. CARDINAL and INTEGER number in Mod-2

4. from ORD to CARDINAL to CONVERT

5. Cardinal numbers

6. Cardinal numbers or unsigned int..

7. Typecasring SHORTCARD/CARDINAL/LONGCARD

8. INC(CARDINAL,INTEGER) problem

9. Getting a CARDINAL into a zero-padded ARRAY OF CHAR

10. Parrots and Cardinals and Ruby, oh my!

11. parrots, cardinals, and rubys - oh my!

12. Cardinal project page on Savannah