MODULA 2 PROGRAM USING BL
Author Message
 MODULA 2 PROGRAM USING BL

ASB>Date: 2 Nov 1992 16:14:56 GMT

ASB>Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2
ASB>I'm looking for a Modula 2 program which does realy large calculations
ASB>on matices and vectors. (The Matrix should have a few thousand rows!)

ASB>The application of the program does not matter, but I'm looking for
ASB>something from weather forcasting or airodynamics to solving of linear
ASB>equations or differential equations.
ASB>--- QM v1.30/b
ASB> * Origin: Bink of an Aye - Portland, OR US - Randy Bush (1:105/42.0)

I do not have any suggestion related to particular software but I
know some really good code!  First, take a look at a book called
"Numerical Recipes".  This book contains every single math function,
algorithm, solution you need and it comes with source code (on disk)
& also has very detailed explanations.  The code is in Pascal.
VERY,VERY,VERY complete! Also contains many, many, many integration
and differential algorithms and methods.

For your matrix problem, you can also take a look at a book
titled "Data Structures and Algorithms with Modula-2" written by
Gabrini&Kurtz.  Very complete and comes with code and librairies
on disk.  Oh, BTW, in this book you can find(and also on the
disk!) and algorithm to perform calculations on 10000 * 10000
matrix, on sparse matrix, etc.. Since your application looks
very math-intensive, these are the best 2 things on Earth for
you!  Unless you do not want to code the application!

If you need more informations about these books, inform me through mail.
I'll have it fast! (I'm at home and can not access the University
database for the week-end... that's why!).

 * SLMR 2.1a * Recursive, adj.; see Recursive

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!167!159!Benoit.St-jean

Fri, 28 Apr 1995 20:52:11 GMT
 MODULA 2 PROGRAM USING BL
    ASB>I'm looking for a Modula 2 program which does realy large calculations
    ASB>on matices and vectors. (The Matrix should have a few thousand rows!)

PMI (the Repertoire company) has a package with
sparse matrix calculations.

-----
Torbjorn Sund                   Norwegian Telecom Research
Telephone +47 83 10267          P.O. Box 1156
Telefax   +47 83 10262          N-9001 TROMSO

Fri, 05 May 1995 19:31:34 GMT
 MODULA 2 PROGRAM USING BL

 TS>     ASB>I'm looking for a Modula 2 program which does
 TS> realy large calculations
 TS>     ASB>on matices and vectors. (The Matrix should
 TS> have a few thousand rows!)
 TS>
 TS> PMI (the Repertoire company) has a package with
 TS> sparse matrix calculations.

 Torbjorn

 Thanks I forgot to respond to the previous message.
 It has been a long time since I've done linear algebra but from
 what I can see  DynaMatrix has about everything one should need
 for linear algebra for real numbers.

 I'll get a demo put together and make it available. James Bones
 took numerical analysis seriously and put together a nice package.

John McMonagle

| Green Bay, WI 54311     Fidonet 1:139/590               |

uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!139!590!John.Mcmonagle

Sun, 07 May 1995 11:44:10 GMT
 MODULA 2 PROGRAM USING BL
DynaMatrix -sounds nice, is it shareware, freeware, public ?

VAX System Manager                 phone: (902) 867-2275
St.Francis Xavier University       fax:   (902) 867-5153
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Canada   B2G 1C0

Sun, 07 May 1995 21:13:16 GMT

1. MODULA 2 Program using BLAS wanted.

2. mov al, -1 mov bl, -1 mul bl ax = ?

3. interpreting BL WORD FIND

4. Definition of BL

5. Definition of BL

6. SHL BL, 04 under DEBUG ?

7. De bl**dy bugger detected !!!

8. I tell it MOV bl, but it does MOV bh

9. ST V/286 bl... globals

10. Program compiled with pgf77 uses location of program as default directory

11. Astounding TS Modula-2 floating-point bugs using Windows

12. Anyone using CW and TS Modula-2 ??