JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 and the critical error
Author Message
 JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 and the critical error

 PAN> I'm writing a DOS program in JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 which at one
 PAN> point
 PAN> checks to see if there is a disk in the floppy drive.  I'm currently
 PAN> doing this by reading the volume label on the disk - if it fails I
 PAN> assume there is no disk there.

 PAN> Inside the TopSpeed environment this works fine because the
 PAN> environment
 PAN> traps the critical error.  Unfortunately it doesn't do it outside!

Another thing you can do is:

Use int13h to read one sector from the disk, if it was ok then the disk is in.. Not the best way, but it works here.

You could also use the I/O ports for the floppy controller if you have some info about those, I don't.

Greetings from Snaasa, NORWAY!!

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!2!502!780.1!Asbjoern.Mikkelsen

Fri, 06 May 1994 12:32:00 GMT

1. JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 and the critical error

2. JPI TopSpeed Modula-2

3. JPI Topspeed Modula-2 make information held in a binary

4. Trying to find JPI - TopSpeed Modula-2 for DOS

5. Trying to find JPI - TopSpeed Modula-2 for DOS

6. JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 upgrade to 2.0

7. JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 upgrade to 2.0

8. Trapping of runtime errors in JPI modula 2

9. Not JPI, Was: Modula-2 and Modula-3

10. JPI TopSpeed

11. JPI TopSpeed

12. JPI/TopSpeed Debugger