"FR>First:  the charter for an initial standardization of a language is to
"FR>codify the present state-of-the-practice and make changes/extensions
"FR>only where there are clear errors or omissions.

I agree with this, but it has brought back to me something I've wondered
about.  Gunther Dotzel's response to the 'traditionalists' seems to have
been, roughly, 'check the goals of the ISO committee', but I haven't
seen anything on what the goals actually _were_.  Could someone
summarize or specify what the written goals were so we have some
reference point for this?  I suspect many of us who are displeased with
the trend of the ISO standard may find that that trend can be traced
back to the written goals of the committee.

Ben Coleman
Compuserve: 70176,1334

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!277!15!Ben.Coleman

Sat, 10 Sep 1994 21:33:00 GMT

1. New Books on Oberon (Short summary: Three Questions on Oberon)

2. SUMMARY: Oberon-2. What is next?

3. SUMMARY: Oberon-2. What is next?

4. Oberon-Tag '93 Summary

5. Oberon Books (summary)

6. summary of Oberon[-2] implementations

7. Oberon usage poll summary

8. Summaries of text (summary of info received)!

9. Summaries of text (summary of info received)!

10. Frage Oberon 3 / Question Oberon 3

11. CD-Oberon - Oberon/F

12. CD-Oberon Oberon 3 Printer Problem