Xlib.def
Author Message
 Xlib.def

Hello,

I'm programming in Modula-2 on Linux with the Mocka compiler. I would
like to use the X11 libraries in my programs, but it meens I'll have
to convert the big xlib.h to a modula-2 foreign definition.
Before I start, has anybody already done it?

I tried the h2d utility (which should do the translation
automatically) without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nicky.

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Xlib.def
Quote:

> Hello,

Hi there,

Quote:

> I'm programming in Modula-2 on Linux with the Mocka compiler. I would
> like to use the X11 libraries in my programs, but it meens I'll have
> to convert the big xlib.h to a modula-2 foreign definition.
> Before I start, has anybody already done it?

Yes, gpm (Garden's Point MODULA-2) is shipped with an xlib.def (in
archive modula-oct96.tar.gz under sample/xdemo/Xlib.def). Don't know how
foreign modules should look like for Mocka, but this should be a pretty
good starting point.
gpm is (as far as I know) free for educational or non-commercial use and
downloadable from ftp://ftp.psg.com/pub/modula-2/gpm/

Regards,
Norbert.

Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. def within def

2. Q: Function to convert 'abc+def = (abc def)

3. Xlib sequence lost

4. Q: Xlib & Xt for Forth

5. Eiffel Xlib request

6. Detecting events in Xlib using poplog

7. Linking XLib into Modula-2 programs

8. Ruby Xlib wrapper updated to use latest SWIG

9. Ruby Xlib wrapper

10. sample run for ruby-xlib

11. M2 interface to Xlib or Xtoolkit

12. Lisp/Scheme bindings for Xlib/Motif/OpenLook