compiler wanted for Sun 4
Author Message
 compiler wanted for Sun 4

Excuse me, if this is a FAQ:

I'm in search of a free (pd) Modula 2 compiler for a Sun 4 system. Please point
me to an ano-ftp archive or send me mail addresses.

Thanks a lot, Frank.

--
Dipl.Inform. Frank Rolf - Marienthaler Str. 1 - D-2000 Hamburg 26 - Germany

Thu, 12 Jan 1995 19:49:52 GMT
 compiler wanted for Sun 4

Quote:
Frank Rolf writes:
> I'm in search of a free (pd) Modula 2 compiler for a Sun 4 system. Please
> point me to an ano-ftp archive or send me mail addresses.

While not necessarily free, I seem to recall the University of ULM had a
modula-2 compiler based on the ETHZ code for Suns (3?), for a reasonable
licensing fee.  I wish I still had the contact name, but I lost it somewhere.

Fri, 13 Jan 1995 08:46:38 GMT
 compiler wanted for Sun 4
Quote:

|> Frank Rolf writes:

|> > I'm in search of a free (pd) Modula 2 compiler for a Sun 4 system. Please
|> > point me to an ano-ftp archive or send me mail addresses.
|>
|> While not necessarily free, I seem to recall the University of ULM had a
|> modula-2 compiler based on the ETHZ code for Suns (3?), for a reasonable
|> licensing fee.  I wish I still had the contact name, but I lost it somewhere.

The binaries of the compiler and the sources of the library and the tools
are free for the Sun3 platform (anonymous FTP at 134.60.66.21).
The only reason for not distributing the compiler sources for free is our
licence agreement with ETH Zurich (from where the sources are derived from).
Regrettably, I've never had the time to port that stuff to the Sun4 platform.

The only free Sun4-implementation I've heard of is that of Metrowerks
(ftp 132.208.12.5, login metro, passwd release4.0) but I haven't tested it yet.

--

Universitaet Ulm, SAI   |

D-7900 Ulm, Germany     |   X.400:    S=borchert; OU=rz; P=uni-ulm; A=dbp; C=de

Tue, 17 Jan 1995 20:27:55 GMT

1. F90 compiler wanted for Sun

2. compiler for Sun 4's (compiler.com)

3. PD or cheap APL wanted for Sun 3 Un*x box

4. Wanted: VisualWorks 2.0 for Sun or HP Unix.

5. WANTED: info on graphics templates (SUN)

6. occam simulator wanted for SUNs

7. Modula 2 for Sun wanted

8. Boston: Sun wants ASIC ENGINEERS!

9. Wanted - SUN SPARC

10. Wanted: Dhrystone results for Ada version on Sun and Apollo

11. Wanted: makefile form for sun ada

12. Help wanted on SUN f90 linking problem.