Request: recommendations for books on Oberon
Author Message
 Request: recommendations for books on Oberon

I've read the papers on Oberon by N. Wirth as published in _Software
Practice & Experience_.  Can anyone recommend to me a good book or
books for learning Oberon?

Something like PIM2 3ed was? (That's what I learned Modula from.)

I've laid my grubbies on a copy of Ed Videki's Oberon-M compiler for
DOS boxes.  I found the standard IO to be positively bizarre, compared
to what I was used to in M2's InOut and RealInOut.

(That's no slam either to Oberon or the Oberon-M implementation.  It's
just that I'm no rocket scientist, and thus would greatly benefit from
being able to get a good, basic Oberon reference.)

Thanks in advance,

Lou.

--

Earth Sciences Department                    Turn to straight, dark rows
Montana State University                     Put another season's promise

Sat, 13 May 1995 03:58:45 GMT

1. Book recommendation requested

2. Book recommendation requested

3. request for book recommendations

4. request for book recommendations

5. Request for book recommendations

6. New Books on Oberon (Short summary: Three Questions on Oberon)

7. Request for book review : OOP books

8. Request for book review : OOP books

9. Sun APL Recommendations Requested

10. Request for Recommendation of Reports or Articles about Eiffel

11. Clipper 87 / dBaseiii request - network recommendation?

12. oberon compiler recommendations for three hardware platforms