Imports in definition and implementation modules
Author Message
 Imports in definition and implementation modules

As I promised some time ago, I wrote to N. Wirth to ask whether
identifiers imported into the definition module should be known in the
implementation module, or should be reimported.

His answer follows:

"Concerning your question about imports in definition modules, I have
been of the opinion that the corresponding implementation module adopts
those identifiers (and associated data) that are declared in the
definition module itself, but no more.  In this case, it is indeed
necessary to import client modules again in the implementation module,
if identifiers declared in it are referenced."

I yield.

Fred Sullivan
Department of Mathematical Sciences
State University of New York at Binghamton
Binghamton, New York  13903

Fri, 19 Mar 1993 09:37:00 GMT

1. IMPORT in definition module

2. IMPORT in definition module

3. splitting modules in definition and implementation

4. module name errors (trying to import curses functions from modules as needed)

5. How to access a module's namespace within the module at import

6. import selected module variables within that module's procedures

7. importing paradox file/table definitions into a cw dictionary

8. Importing ACCESS 97 table definitions

9. Importing big files definition to dct

10. Can't import Foxpro file definition into Dictionary Editor

11. Problems importing ODBC definition from SA SQL server

12. Importing file definitions to CW 1.5 -Reply