HOW Network Communication in TSModula-2
Author Message
 HOW Network Communication in TSModula-2

We have the following problem with TopSpeed Modula-2:

TopSpeed Modula-2 (version 3.10) has been installed on several PC's.
These PC's are connected in a network.
We want to program in Modula-2 the sending and receiving of data
from one PC to another PC over the network.

Which modules have to be used and how?
Who can give any recommendations to solve this problem?

Klaas van den Berg
Univ. of Twente / the Netherlands

Tue, 14 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HOW Network Communication in TSModula-2
I do not believe that you will do this with standard modules, except for
the limited case of transferring files between directories. I have had
some success in the past making direct calls to the NetBIOS, I believed I
used the book "Network Interrupts (A Programmer's Reference to Network
APIs)" by Brown and Kyle (Addison Wesley) as a reference.

I have recently played with the messaging interface (compatible with WGfW
winpopup etc.) using Modula-2 code, the source of my information for that
was Ralph Brown's interrupt list. I'm afraid that I don't have full
Internet access at present and don't really have the time to fool with
ftp etc., although I'd be happy to append the modules to a message here
if anybody were interested.

Mark Morgan Lloyd

[Opinions above are the author's, not those of his employers or
colleagues]

Sun, 19 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. APL2 Network Communication

2. Network communication

3. Linux Port IO and Network Communications?

4. network DDE communication

5. Applications communication without network adapter

6. Heterogeneous network communication and ADA

7. IPX NetWork communication

8. text-based network communication

9. non blocking mode for network communications

10. Communication Between Images in a Network

11. Network Communication via Smalltalk80

12. Off topic - Moving my notebook from network to network