Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,
Author Message
 Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,

I was wondering if anyone knew the address and BBS number to Fitted Software Tools?  It was
Texas number at one time, but I know don't know what it is now.  Also, what is the most up-
to-date version of Modula-2 put out by FST?  The developer was talking about a possible
Windows version at one time; what's the status of that now?

                Thanks,

                Chris Bartling

Sat, 23 Mar 1996 23:03:37 GMT
 Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,
Subject: Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,

B::>I was wondering if anyone knew the address and BBS number to Fitted Softwar
 ::>Tools?  It was
 ::>Texas number at one time, but I know don't know what it is now.  Also, what
 ::>the most up-
 ::>to-date version of Modula-2 put out by FST?  The developer was talking abou
 ::>possible
 ::>Windows version at one time; what's the status of that now?

 They haven't changed location; I don't have my FST manual handy
 right now, so I can't give you the address.  The BBS phone is
 214-517-4629, 2400 8N1.  Current version is 3.1; AFAIK, there are
 no plans for a Windows version, or indeed a further DOS version.
 Roger has said that he's not getting enough in registrations to
 justify continued support.  I can understand this; with alll the C
 bigots out there, and the ones who could appreciate Modula-2
 getting all the good stuff from it (and more) in bastardized
 Pascal compilers (like Borland Pascal 7), it's hard to see how m2
 could make it at all except as a niche language at best, or a
 possible entry in the "{*filter*} language of the month" column in the
 now-defunct Computer Language magazine.

---
 t QMPro 1.51 t Blow up your vehicle. It's really fun to watch.

Fri, 29 Mar 1996 05:56:00 GMT
 Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,
Isn't there a ftp address too, where you can pick up FST v3.1?

Jan. (No fancy sig)

Fri, 29 Mar 1996 12:59:34 GMT
 Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,

Quote:

> Isn't there a ftp address too, where you can pick up FST v3.1?

ftp.psg.com:/pub/modula-2/pc/fst-31s.lzh
--

Fri, 29 Mar 1996 20:57:53 GMT
 Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,

Quote:
> Randy Bush writes:

> Org.  : PSGnet, Portland Oregon, US

> > Isn't there a ftp address too, where you can pick up FST v3.1?

> ftp.psg.com:/pub/modula-2/pc/fst-31s.lzh
> --

Thanks so much,

Jan.

Sun, 31 Mar 1996 12:59:35 GMT
 Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,
Hi, it's me again...
I tried accessing ftp.psg.com, and I get the message that the server is down
and has closed the connection...
Are there any alternate sites, or is this temporary (I tried logging in last
night, for a different reason and got the same message) ?

Jan (as usual, no fancy sig.)

Sun, 31 Mar 1996 13:06:57 GMT

1. Fitted Software Tools Modula-2

2. Fitted Software Tools Modula-2 Compiler Question

3. Fitted Tools Software Modula-2 Version 3.1

4. Fitted Software Tools Mod

5. FITTED SOFTWARE TOOLS

6. How do I reach Fitted Software Tools??

7. Software Metrics Tool for Modula-2

8. translation tools C to Modula-2 and Modula-2 to C

9. Address/Phone for Fitted Software T

10. Fitted Software & screen[

11. Fitted Software Compiler

12. needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.