Looking for MODULA2 converter
Author Message
 Looking for MODULA2 converter

I am looking for a utility that can convert Modula2 code to C, Pascal, or
fortran so that I can compile it on my NeXT.  Does anyone know of a
program that is capable of doing this?

Please email, I'll summerize.

Thanks in advance.

Martin Krause               Technische Universitaet Berlin
                            Fachbereich Mathematik
                            Funktionalanalysis/Numerische Mathematik

Mon, 28 Nov 1994 00:41:09 GMT
 Looking for MODULA2 converter
Quote:

> The gnu tool p2c converts Modula-2 to C.  It is not
> perfect but would be a start.

Finger trouble? I assume you meant m2c, the big one. Ftp from a variety of
sites, it would need porting and this appears non-trivial given the number of
alien lib calls. I might well be wrong!

  TC.

Wed, 30 Nov 1994 04:19:56 GMT
 Looking for MODULA2 converter
The gnu tool p2c converts Modula-2 to C.  It is not
perfect but would be a start.

The FSF newsletter reported (as I remember) that the
people in Russia (or whatever they call it) did a M2
converter as one of their first tasks.  Anyone know
about that?

You can contact Jefferson Software about their M2
tools on the NeXT, but in as that will be a lot like
talking to me (-: you may want to follow up on the
two FSF filters.

Gary
The opinions expressed here do not represent Honeywell.

Tue, 29 Nov 1994 20:29:59 GMT
 Looking for MODULA2 converter

Quote:

> > The gnu tool p2c converts Modula-2 to C.  It is not
> > perfect but would be a start.

> Finger trouble? I assume you meant m2c, the big one. Ftp from a variety of
> sites, it would need porting and this appears non-trivial given the number of
> alien lib calls. I might well be wrong!

>   TC.

a-a  -  p2c is quite right. I compiled it without problems on my NeXT but I
only tested the Pascal stuff, not the Modula-2 stuff.

- Robert
--
Robert Frank                         tel. + (061) 321 99 67
Institut fuer Informatik             fax  + (061) 321 99 15

CH-4056 Basel          X400: S=frank;OU=ifi;O=unibas;P=switch;A=arcom;C=ch

Fri, 02 Dec 1994 16:51:21 GMT
 Looking for MODULA2 converter
Quote:
> I tested p2c a little with Modula-2 source.  It was not to the
> point I wanted to follow up.  If I had a real need for C source
> from Modula-2, I would look again.

What I really want is C to Modula2 which is I believe a much harder
proposition.

  TC.

Sat, 03 Dec 1994 10:02:02 GMT
 Looking for MODULA2 converter
I tested p2c a little with Modula-2 source.  It was not to the
point I wanted to follow up.  If I had a real need for C source
from Modula-2, I would look again.

Gary

Fri, 02 Dec 1994 22:35:26 GMT

1. modula2 to C converter

2. searching modula2 to pascal converter

3. Modula2 -> C converter wanted

4. C to Modula2 converter?

5. C to Modula2 converter?

6. C to Modula2 converter?

7. Modula2 to C converter?

8. Looking for a Modula2 to C Compiler ...

9. Looking for a Modula2 tutorial

10. Looking for a Modula2 compiler/editor

11. looking for Unix(Ultrix) modula2

12. Looking for C to Modula2 translator..