Looking for Modula2 --> C translator
Author Message
 Looking for Modula2 --> C translator

Hi,

I'm looking for a modula2 --> C translator program.  If you know of such
a thing, please drop me a line with some info.  A professor that I work
for needs this to convert some of his programs.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide,
--
Vince Taluskie                     (  "I am a great believer in luck.  The
Physics Computer Group              )  harder I work, the more I have of it."

Sat, 07 Jan 1995 08:26:51 GMT
 Looking for Modula2 --> C translator

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm looking for a modula2 --> C translator program.  If you know of such
>a thing, please drop me a line with some info.  A professor that I work
>for needs this to convert some of his programs.

What about p2c (it's copylefted gnu-software by Dave Gillespie),
which translates various Pascal-dialects and Modula2 to C. It
is no replacement for a Pascal/Modula Compiler but tries to build
maintainable Code in C and to 'translate' typical Pascal/Modula
constructs to their C counterparts.

I did not have difficulties in porting it to MSDOS under djgcc1.05 (D.J.
Delories port of GNU C/C++), but the makefiles needed a lot of changes
due to DOS restrictions.

--      Dirk

Mon, 23 Jan 1995 22:37:16 GMT
 Looking for Modula2 --> C translator

Quote:

>I'm looking for a modula2 --> C translator program.  If you know of such
>a thing, please drop me a line with some info.  A professor that I work
>for needs this to convert some of his programs.

(you need all in /pub/soft/modula/gmd at titania.mathematik.uni-ulm.de)

the problem with this tool:
it's made to convert a ready program from modula to C, not to develop
new modula-programs.

Do someone such as a modula-lint, to get good errormessages for modula2-
programs ?

so long
MUFTI

Fri, 27 Jan 1995 19:10:06 GMT

1. Looking for C to Modula2 translator..

2. Looking for Modula2-to-C translator

3. Looking for: C > Ada Translator

4. URGENT: Looking for F90-> C/C++ translator

5. Looking for a PL/1 ==> C Translator

6. SUMMARY: Looking for Fortran -> C Translator

7. Looking for Fortran77 -> C Translator

8. Looking for Fortran77 -> C translator

9. Modula2 as First CS Language

10. MODULA2 AS FIRST CS LANGU

11. Modula2 as first CS Language

12. Modula2 as first CS language