SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.
Author Message
 SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

        Please note this message is being crossposted to a large number
of groups.  I am sorry for any inconvenience, but there are members of
many newsgroups that I wish to reach , and this is the only way that
I can accomplish this.  Thank you for your understanding.

        My name is Bob Gajarsky.  I am a graduate level management student,
and am conducting a survey for one of my classes.  It would greatly help my
studies if you could take a few minutes and complete the following survey.
All results will be kept completely confidential, and your e-mail addresses
will not be seen by anyone but me.

        Also, I am only looking for complete surveys from people who are
actually out in the workplace as computer programmers, as opposed to those
(like me) who are students.  Additionally, I would request that only people
who work in the United States reply to this.  Thank you in advance for your

--------------------------- BEGINNING OF SURVEY -----------------------------

What city is your place of work?        -
(OPTIONAL) What company do you work at? -

How many years of programming experience do you have?

How many years of post-high school education have you had?

How many computer languages do you know?
        If you program in any of the following languages, please check it:

        Ada             APL             Cobol
        C               C++             fortran
        Lisp            Pascal

How many software packages do you know how to use (ie. Lotus, MS-Works, etc.)

        1-2             3-5             6-8
        9-10            over 10

Do you know any databases? (Y/N)
        If so, which ones?

On the average, how many hours does it take you to learn a application (ie.
        Word Processor, Graphics Package, etc.)?

How do you prefer to learn new applications?  More than one may be checked:
        Tutorials
        Videos
        Self-Instruction
        Other  _________________________

Do you personally have a VCR? (Y/N)

Does your workplace have a VCR? (Y/N)

Have you ever used a video to learn an application before? (Y/N)
        If so, how would you rate it?
        (10 is an excellent experience, 1 is an awful experience)
        Based on your past experiences, would you be receptive to learning
                another application via video?
                (10 is very receptive; 1 is not receptive at all)

        If not, how receptive would you be to learning a application via video?
                (10 is very receptive; 1 is not receptive at all)

How many hours of video would you be able to successfully watch for
        a specific application?

How much would you or your company pay for the following:
        A) A 15 hour video that teaches how to generally work with databases,
                program in them, and utilize them.  (Between 40$ and 150$)
        B) A 3 hour video that teaches a specific database, (Oracle, etc.)
                (Between 15$ and 75$).
        C) A packaged of both (A) and (B).
                (Between 50$ and 225$).

Which systems do you have a familiarity with?
        VAX/VMS         UNIX
        Macintosh       IBM Compatible
        Other

-------------------   END OF SURVEY ---------------------------------

Thanks! - Bob Gajarsky

Tue, 06 Sep 1994 10:32:58 GMT

1. SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

2. SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

3. SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

4. SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

5. SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

6. SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

7. SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

8. Please read this...just a few minutes to read

9. Clarion Survey- Please Participate

10. Survey - Please Reply

11. Please take my survey

12. Please take this short survey