need help setting up FST 3.1 modula2 compiler
Author Message
 need help setting up FST 3.1 modula2 compiler

hi,

I've managed to extract this compiler to c:\M2, but can't get it to do
anything much, presumably because I don't have the right path statements
set up (when I try to compile it can't find the relevant file).

In a win95 dosprompt i have the working directory set to c:\m2 and have
included a file called M2.BAT which contains the following

set path=c:\;c\m2\BIN
SET M2LIB=C:\M2\LIB
SET M2LIB=C:\M2\LIB;C:\MYLIB

whic is as much as I can glean from the documentation. Can anyone put me
right as to what commands I should have to get it compiling? Or even
better can anyone send me their Dos shortcut?

Regards,
--
Bill de hOra
                The opinions expressed above are also those

Fri, 02 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 need help setting up FST 3.1 modula2 compiler

: In a win95 dosprompt i have the working directory set to c:\m2 and have
: included a file called M2.BAT which contains the following

: set path=c:\;c\m2\BIN

Try making your path the following
PATH=.;c:\;c:\m2;c:\m2\bin

: SET M2LIB=C:\M2\LIB
: SET M2LIB=C:\M2\LIB;C:\MYLIB

: whic is as much as I can glean from the documentation. Can anyone put me
: right as to what commands I should have to get it compiling? Or even
: better can anyone send me their Dos shortcut?

Well, it's been a while since I've used FST for anything other than taking
disk space as an archive.  It's also been a while since I've used DOS.
One thing you might want to do is get the latest version, 4.0.  You can
find it at:
ftp.psg.com
http://www.pitt.edu/~jesst63/modula2.html

--
Jeff
                                     [Team OS/2]

   *  http://www.pitt.edu/~jesst63               * for something much   *
   * "I am outcast, unclean." - Thomas Covenant  * better to come along *

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Modula2 Ver 3.1 lang specs vs lang specs of 32bit compiler inc in new cw203

2. Modula2 Ver 3.1 lang specs vs lang specs of 32bit compiler inc in n

3. Newest FST Modula2 Compiler

4. Simple colours in FST 3.1/3.5

5. Help: Topspeed 3.1 more project settings

6. FST MODULA-2 VERSION 3.1

7. FST 3.0 OR 3.1 WANTED!!!

8. FST 3.0 OR 3.1 WANTED!!!

9. FST MODULA-2 VERSION 3.1

10. FST 3.0 OR 3.1 WANTED

11. FST 3.1 available

12. MSDOS/WINDOWS 3.1 Fortran Compiler needed