Is there a revised M2 DP?
Author Message
 Is there a revised M2 DP?

In July '90, the Modula-2 Standard Committee had a target of 10-15-90 for a
revised draft proposl text available. Does anyone know if this actually
happened? (ie was the committee on schedule).

--
Chuck Lins               | "Is this the kind of work you'd like to do?"
Apple Computer, Inc.     | -- Front 242

Cupertino, CA 95014      | "Self-proclaimed Object Oberon Evangelist"
The intersection of Apple's ideas and my ideas yields the empty set.

Sun, 04 Apr 1993 05:21:24 GMT
 Is there a revised M2 DP?

Quote:

>In July '90, the Modula-2 Standard Committee had a target of 10-15-90 for a
>revised draft proposl text available. Does anyone know if this actually
>happened? (ie was the committee on schedule).

The next version of the DP is not ready.   The 10-15-90 date was a
target the drafters have tried to meet.   I have every indication that a
new DP is being worked on by people who are trying to do a good job so
another DP, after this one, will not be needed.

Information on how people may get copies of the new DP will be posted once
the new DP is available.

Stan

--
Stan Osborne, Computer Science Department, San Francisco State University

Mon, 05 Apr 1993 08:28:12 GMT
 Is there a revised M2 DP?

Quote:

> In July '90, the Modula-2 Standard Committee had a target of 10-15-90 for a
> revised draft proposl text available. Does anyone know if this actually
> happened? (ie was the committee on schedule).

> --

No, it is not on schedule.  The I/O modules ~{_have not yet been revised, and
the proposals for the type complex are up for discussion again.  A few other
pieces are still being worked on.
Rick Sutcliffe
Canadian Chair, WG13 (Modula-2)

Wed, 07 Apr 1993 05:45:26 GMT

1. revised getopt.py (was: revised getopt.pl)

2. DP divide faster than SP, DP multiply a push with SP

3. Tcl-dp 3.5b1 vs dp 4.0

4. help: Tcl/Dp or Better Perl/Dp manual

5. ANNOUNCE: DiET (Dp in ET) Embedded Tcl with Tcl-Dp capability

6. ANNOUNCE: DiET (Dp in ET) Embedded Tcl with Tcl-Dp now supports ET 1.1c

7. M2 and MIPS and M2 to C Translators

8. M2, Oberon, and embedded systems (was Re: m2 / Oberon appendix to 3117)

9. M2, Oberon, and embedded systems (was m2 / Oberon appendix to 3117)

10. C to M2 (M2 review ?)

11. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

12. Intro to J, Revised