Break 640K MSDOS barrier
Author Message
 Break 640K MSDOS barrier

I am working in a department that is building an MSDOS application for
{*filter*}sample analysis. We are using Novell's "XQLP" database retrieval,
and Magma System's "Mewel"; a window- and eventhandling library. The
compiler we use is Stony Brook Version 2, and we use the multitasking
as well. While the use of all these features takes away the burden of
writing these them ourselves we are running in serious memory problems.

There several ways to overcome these memory limit; use of
Expanded/Extended memory for either data or code, or maybe running the
processor in 'protected mode'. But we don't have experience of
programming that way.

Do YOU have any experience in using memory extension, or protected mode
under the modula-2 environment.

Please reply by e-mail

Adri
--
uucp: hp4nl!bsovax!sunatb!adri

Sat, 03 Apr 1993 18:56:55 GMT

1. How to exceed the 640k barrier on PC.

2. 386s and the 640K DOS barrier

3. DOS 640K barrier?

4. Breaking the 64k barrier of Memoedit()

5. Dylan Barriers

6. Dylan Barriers (was:

7. thanks to all who wrote about the 8088 64K barrier BUST

8. MF duplicates barrier.

9. barrier inside a loop

10. WANTED:smalltalk for 640k ram

11. How to use memory over 640K in Clarion 2.1 for DOS

12. Handling group breaks and page breaks run time