*.eps
Author Message
 *.eps

I would like to know what are they (*.eps) and with what products I would
be able to view them (or whatever).

Thanks

JLS

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 *.eps
On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:45:40 GMT, Jose Luis Sarrio Abad

Quote:

>I would like to know what are they (*.eps) and with what products I would
>be able to view them (or whatever).

>Thanks

>JLS

Jose,

        They are Encapsulated postscript, a format created by Adobe.
The image usually consists of a bitmap preview and a PostScript vector
image.  A lot of apps (like Word) will display the preview on screen,
but only show the vector image when printed on a PostScript compatible
printer.  Paintshop Pro, version 6 does a pretty good job of importing
the vector image, but it converts it to a bitmap.  You could also
check on whether some of the Adobe products will display the vector
image, but they tend to be more expensive.

        You can also read some EPS files using the freeware products
Ghostview and Ghostscript.  However, I have had problems using these
to read some EPS files in the past.

                              -- Bill Clay

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. EPS classes in Smalltalk

2. EPS files from text EditField

3. Reading EPS

4. EPS Reader for VisualWorks

5. Problem with EPS output from VW2.0 (Unix)

6. VW: EPS classes

7. EPS files created in Clipper

8. .EPS image format conversion

9. EPS files